GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is there any diffrence from xbox and ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 19:14
Regular
to me teh xbox graphics look the same and theres no point gettin it really wot do u lot think?
Fri 15/03/02 at 16:54
Surely Xbox is the present of gaming?
As is PS2, though some of its games are now the past of gaming.

Gamecube is the future of gaming.

Buy systems, play games, stop whining.

Just a suggestion.
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:44
Well said moth. I can't believe that so many people out there can have such an issue with which console they will get second!!! I have a PS2 and would love to be able to buy an XboX and then GC but unfortunatly my other half thinks that paying the rent and eating is more important. Oh well
*shrugs his shoulders*
Give it 9 months and then see what the market is like and make an informed choice
Fri 15/03/02 at 14:41
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Much the same route that I followed - The X Box needs at least 6/9 months to show what it can do and to build up a decent catalogue of games before I would even consider it.

Even then I certainly wont consider buying one until the price of the console drops to a realistic level which should be at least £100 cheaper than it is at the mo.
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:21
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Not sure if I agree with the Xbox being the future of gaming....It seems to me that the gaming world can be a very unpredictable place. Sony were practically laughed at when they announced that they were making the original playstation. As a relatively intelligent(tight?) consumer I plan to wait and see what the Xbox can deliver. Sure I wanted a PS2 when they first came out but I waited for a year while the developers found their feet and real next-gen games started to appear rather than prettier versions of ps1 games. In the meantime the price dropped a hundred quid and the platform acquired a wide enough fanbase to sustain itself.
I think we'll probably find that the Xbox will throw up some amazing stuff.....but not yet.....and it'll probably come down in price a fair bit by the end of the year at around the same time that the best software begins to hit the shelves. Just praying that it comes down enough that we each can own a PS2, Xbox and gamecube......after all I don't care who makes the hardware, I just love games!!
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:10
"High polygon count"
A shame you have to do that, as you'll be missing out on some great games. That's why I'm not selling mine.

Still, each to their own!
Fri 15/03/02 at 13:07
Regular
My statement will not go like that.

The XBox is the future.

Even Sony admit this, buy saying that they may release the PS3 earlier than they planned.

I admit, I wish I hadn't bought a PS2 last autumn, I wish I had waited for the XBox. But I'm rectifying that mistake by selling my PS2 to a mate, and buying an XBox ASAP.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:59
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Your Honour wrote:

One of them is a fantastic console around which
> the future of consoling will be based.

The other is the PS2.

And im guessing when the GC comes out your statement will go more like this:

One of them is a fantastic console around which the future of consoling will be based.

The others are the PS2 and X-box.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:51
Regular
"is there any diffrence from xbox and ps2"

Yeah, there's a big difference, I shall explain:

One of them is a fantastic console around which the future of consoling will be based.

The other is the PS2.
Fri 15/03/02 at 12:44
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Or†ega wrote:
i'd like to
> see how Sony are gonna make the Hard-drive reach a large enough propertion of
> PS2 owners for developers to implement features which use its abilities.

In all honesty i dont think that they are going to be able to, not many add ons for past consoles have done all that well have they, and considering this thing is not going to come cheap i dont expect it to be all that bigger thing.

For me its touch and go whether i will get one, and it all depends on the price and how its going to be used, and if it will be used enough on whether i get it. After all, i dont want to spend a lot of money on something that will just become a big memory card. i probably wont get one straight away, ill see what the developers think about it and whether they support it.
Fri 15/03/02 at 11:09
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
oh rite,

misintrepreted what it said below.

Pity though, Halo is a good game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.