GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is there any diffrence from xbox and ps2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/03/02 at 19:14
Regular
to me teh xbox graphics look the same and theres no point gettin it really wot do u lot think?
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:14
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
to me teh xbox graphics look the same and theres no point gettin it really wot do u lot think?
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:15
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
teh=the sorry :)
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Yes ive noticed this 2, but the xbox is technically superiour. Ive only seen it on the telly and in the shops though, need to c it through a svhs cable as well
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:19
Regular
"360: swfcman"
There are many differences between the two. Firstly there are the obvious ones, such as looks ect. But the main thing that people will point out that there is some difference in specs of each of them. Im not going to go into detail but the X-box does have some slightly better specs than the PS2 does, and so the graphics can better that of the PS2's if done right, but to be honest i have not seen that much of a difference.

The main difference between the two are the styles of there games, and this is why i went for the PS2. In my opinion i see the PS2 being more for me as it offers me more sport games and action shoot-em-ups. To me, i think the X-box is mainly going to be about strategy games and FPS, none the less, im sure that it will have a broad range of games when more are released. But all 3 consoles have there speciality, PS2 i see has the most shootem ups, GC has some great platformers and X-box will have some great FPS.
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Self-attraction???"
ok thanks mate :)
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:28
Regular
Also the X-box has a hard-drive and built in broadband adapter...
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:34
I plumped for the PS2 cuz I was told that it would be quite some time before the GameCube and XBox have the range and variety of games that the PS2 has. The specs fo the new consoles are supposedly better, but is that everything!?! Isn't Halo the only decent XBox game out at the mo?

I had the Dreamcast for about a year (sold it for the PS2) yet would still recommend this console to people as it has some excellent games i.e Shenmue, Ecco, Sonic and, I still maintain, that MSR is THE best driving game (personally prefer it to GT3 any day!)

So far I haven't played any really amazing games on the PS2 yet (and no I don't have MGS2 at the mo!) so hopefully it's still got a lot of life left in it to improve and produce the kind of next generation games it can be proud!

To be honest, if I were you, I'd enjoy the PS2 now and in a years time, perhaps you'll change it for one of the others - or even wait for the PS3 !!! :-)
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:36
Regular
If you like MSR so much then you wouldnt probably think that Halo is the only good game on the X-box. Project gotham racing is the natural sequel to MSR.
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"*Materia Dealer *"
i'm a gracious ps2 owner and i love it and will nver change from sony and the playstation, but.... i must admit i was tempted to get an x box because the game called 'Amped' looks really cool there are also another couple that look really good. Then on the other hand it coul just be a waste of £300+ which i could spend on ps2 games. do u think they will bring FFX out on the x box??
hmmmmm
Thu 14/03/02 at 19:46
Regular
"You Bum!!"
I personally would have to disagree. The X-Box is hardly different to the PS2 if we were to look at the type of games that are coming out for it. Both are are going for same genres, same fantastic graphics and the like. The Gamecube is different on the other hand. It doesnt go for graphics, instead it includes loads of original and playable games that are fun.

Now the X-Box does not interest me because it is too much like the PS2 and there is no way Id buy another console that is only going to give me silly convesrions from the PS2 and things like that. The PS2 has simply got more quality about it and if I was to go for another next-gen console it would be the Gamecube.

So while the X-Box may not have any variety as it is released I am sure it will have a same type of games as the PS2 in the coming months.

But the PS2 got a large user database by now and it will be almost impossible for Microsoft to catch up, let alone win the war..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.