GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3 games for Room 101, what would you choose?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
Shenmue
-------
Because it's crap, really crap. It's more linear than Mario Bros on the NES, when you 'talk' to people all you can do is ask the same question you ask everyone else, depending on what stage in the game your at. You can get a job, sounds exciting? It isn't. You can only get one job, and thats driving a fork lift truck backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards across a harbour carrying crates, and you HAVE to do it. Your also forced to take part in a 'race' every morning, as you can imagine, fork lift trucks don't go particulary fast.

Theres about 10 fights in the whole game, the QTEs are pointless, if you fail you just do it again, with the same button combination. Playing the old games in the arcade is more fun than playing the actual 'game'. and the graphics weren't even *that* good.

I don't even consider it a game.

Unreal Tournament 2003
-----------------------
Because it's cack. Basically what they've done is, taken the multi-player mode from any of about 20 FPS (Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic, RTCW, TSP2 etc.) and made it a whole game by itself. Except they then stripped it down to just four different modes, Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Domination (which is crap) and Bombing Run.
The graphics are very good, but then seeing as theres a complete lack of anything like 'gameplay' I wouldn't be surpised if they spent the whole two years on the graphics and 'ragdoll physics' alone.

Neverwinter Nights
------------------
Because I read the review about 80 times (PC Gamer), it got 94% (exceptionally high for PCG) and they said it was the best RPG ever.

It was w*nk.

Undoubtablly the worst RPG I've ever played.

Those are my choices to be discarded into oblivion...if only..
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:39
Regular
You put Shenmue in there?!?!

*loses respect for Whitestripes*

Shenmue rules.
Fri 15/11/02 at 23:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Tribute wrote:
> Final Fantasy 7
>
> See above. My mother spent £55 on it and after 10 minutes on
> Christmas day I wanted rid. Darn it.

Are you insane? It like one of the best games EVER made.
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:57
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
yes, my tarzan thing was sarcastic, the game of the film of the film of the book by disney was terrible. I dont reallly like ssbm and Halo is amazing and I cant play it
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:55
Regular
"Festivus!"
torticollis wrote:
> Tarzan:
> A game?

This is the Room 101 games post so, erm, yes it is one

> Super smash bros melee:
> all your favourite nintendo characters hitting eachother in a 3 year
> old aimed beat em up. Lots of flashing colours to keep them
> interested

HA! Smash Brothers is a fantastic game, and an extremely good beat em up, better than Tekken I would even say!

> Halo: i dont have an x-box to play it with. grr

And don't buy one either..
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:51
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
Tarzan:

A game?

Super smash bros melee:

all your favourite nintendo characters hitting eachother in a 3 year old aimed beat em up. Lots of flashing colours to keep them interested

Halo: i dont have an x-box to play it with. grr
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
Three Lions

I did the same thing as you did with Neverwinter Nights. I read the review hundreds of times, waited for the postman each morning for the demo to come and when it did, it was the worst footy game ever.

Final Fantasy 7

See above. My mother spent £55 on it and after 10 minutes on Christmas day I wanted rid. Darn it.

Sonic Advance

Not a bad game, but I completed it in less than an hour for £30...
Fri 15/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
Shenmue
-------
Because it's crap, really crap. It's more linear than Mario Bros on the NES, when you 'talk' to people all you can do is ask the same question you ask everyone else, depending on what stage in the game your at. You can get a job, sounds exciting? It isn't. You can only get one job, and thats driving a fork lift truck backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards across a harbour carrying crates, and you HAVE to do it. Your also forced to take part in a 'race' every morning, as you can imagine, fork lift trucks don't go particulary fast.

Theres about 10 fights in the whole game, the QTEs are pointless, if you fail you just do it again, with the same button combination. Playing the old games in the arcade is more fun than playing the actual 'game'. and the graphics weren't even *that* good.

I don't even consider it a game.

Unreal Tournament 2003
-----------------------
Because it's cack. Basically what they've done is, taken the multi-player mode from any of about 20 FPS (Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic, RTCW, TSP2 etc.) and made it a whole game by itself. Except they then stripped it down to just four different modes, Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Domination (which is crap) and Bombing Run.
The graphics are very good, but then seeing as theres a complete lack of anything like 'gameplay' I wouldn't be surpised if they spent the whole two years on the graphics and 'ragdoll physics' alone.

Neverwinter Nights
------------------
Because I read the review about 80 times (PC Gamer), it got 94% (exceptionally high for PCG) and they said it was the best RPG ever.

It was w*nk.

Undoubtablly the worst RPG I've ever played.

Those are my choices to be discarded into oblivion...if only..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.