GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3 games for Room 101, what would you choose?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
Shenmue
-------
Because it's crap, really crap. It's more linear than Mario Bros on the NES, when you 'talk' to people all you can do is ask the same question you ask everyone else, depending on what stage in the game your at. You can get a job, sounds exciting? It isn't. You can only get one job, and thats driving a fork lift truck backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards across a harbour carrying crates, and you HAVE to do it. Your also forced to take part in a 'race' every morning, as you can imagine, fork lift trucks don't go particulary fast.

Theres about 10 fights in the whole game, the QTEs are pointless, if you fail you just do it again, with the same button combination. Playing the old games in the arcade is more fun than playing the actual 'game'. and the graphics weren't even *that* good.

I don't even consider it a game.

Unreal Tournament 2003
-----------------------
Because it's cack. Basically what they've done is, taken the multi-player mode from any of about 20 FPS (Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic, RTCW, TSP2 etc.) and made it a whole game by itself. Except they then stripped it down to just four different modes, Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Domination (which is crap) and Bombing Run.
The graphics are very good, but then seeing as theres a complete lack of anything like 'gameplay' I wouldn't be surpised if they spent the whole two years on the graphics and 'ragdoll physics' alone.

Neverwinter Nights
------------------
Because I read the review about 80 times (PC Gamer), it got 94% (exceptionally high for PCG) and they said it was the best RPG ever.

It was w*nk.

Undoubtablly the worst RPG I've ever played.

Those are my choices to be discarded into oblivion...if only..
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:19
Regular
This topic just goes to show, no matter how big a game is theres always someone who hates it :)
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:15
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Ant wrote:
> Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - I have no idea how this game became so
> popular...for a start, all RPGs like this suck, only MGS and Deus
> Ex-style RPGs rule. It's boring as hell, and slow. Maybe it's just
> because I don't like this type of games, but for me it goes into Room
> 101.

Heh, no matter what anyone says, Zelda is the best game ever made...if not Mario...

But Rez (yes, REZ!) is pretty cool. Played that for sooo long.

Note : I'm not a Ninty fanboy - I just think Zelda is the best game ever...
Note (ii) : MGS and MGS2 were both very good games..if not shockingly short, like Lylat Wars (one of Ant's WORST games..hmm..connections) and both Lylat Wars and MGS were good fun...whilst they lasted...

Ho hum.
Sat 16/11/02 at 12:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Metal Gear Solid 1+2
>
> Both overrated toss, I really can't see why people get off on these
> games. They take about 5 hours to complete and they're more obsessed
> with style and small touches in the game enviroment than actual
> gameplay.

Bit strange that you're the only person who actually thinks that. :D MGS rules, there's nothing better. And I can't see anything wrong with the gameplay, you're just angry that they managed to add so many great little touches as well as awesome gameplay. :D It's so good I got it on PC as well as PSX, and the amazing Substance is out soon!

Anyway, now onto some games that are actually bad. :D

In Cold Blood - EURGH!! EURGH!!

Lylat Wars - The speech on this game makes me cringe, it's extremely short and very linear. Basic, even for an N64 game. :D

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - I have no idea how this game became so popular...for a start, all RPGs like this suck, only MGS and Deus Ex-style RPGs rule. It's boring as hell, and slow. Maybe it's just because I don't like this type of games, but for me it goes into Room 101.

ALTHOUGH...

All Command and Conquer games might have a place in there. Awful, awful things.
Sat 16/11/02 at 12:29
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Agent Under Fire
-----------------
The only thing worth playing this game for is those cool driving levels and the amazing graphics, everything else is utter crap. It contains some of the blandest levels I have ever encountered in a FPS, level design without the design, plus it gets incredibly boring far too often. Oh yeah, and I completed it in a day. One of the worst FPS I have ever played.

The Sims (and all those bloody expansion packs as well)
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm in the same boat as Fuzzy, my sister loves this game, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. It's not a game you play, it's a game you observe, fun for a while but the initial gimmick of controlling you're own digital family wares off pretty damn fast.

Chase The Express
------------------
I didn't read any reviews before I bought this, a big mistake. It's not a totally bad game, just not much of a good one. I felt the prospect of having an action game set on a high-speed train would present me with plenty of action to keep me occupied, but instead I had to round in circles completing Resident Evil style puzzles. Very short game as well, in fact I probably could have completed the game and watched all 8 or so of the different endings in a whole weekend if the thing didn't bore me so much.

I've played plenty more games like this before, but these really do stick in my mind as 3 of the worse I have ever played.
Sat 16/11/02 at 11:55
Regular
MX Superfly

Stinky byum faced leper of a game, thank God I didn't have to pay for it but still, probably the most annoying waste of time ever.

Gran Turismo 3

YAWN and YAWN again. 'the real driving simulator' exactly what the hell's the fun in that? if I wanted to drive i'd get a car, not drive 100 laps of a very boring, monotonous course on a computer game,just to unlock another car too do exactly the same thing with.

Metal Gear Solid 1+2

Both overrated toss, I really can't see why people get off on these games. They take about 5 hours to complete and they're more obsessed with style and small touches in the game enviroment than actual gameplay.
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
no seriously, the ut2003 made sense. I agree with him on that one
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:51
UT 2003 are you insane!?
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:50
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
'Low him to have opinions. Just low it
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:49
Regular
"Festivus!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Are you insane? It like one of the best games EVER made.

Just my opinion, I don't like RPG's much...
Sat 16/11/02 at 10:45
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Hmm...what do I hate the most...

-
South Park (The shoot em up on N64)
-

Is it the worst game ever made? Fogging, crappy enemies, even lamer jokes that not even immature find funny. God forbid a sequel.

-
Every Single Army Men Game Ever.
-

Must I elaborate? They keep on making them wholst we blindly shun them...why oh why oh WHY???

-
The Sims
-

My sister has almost every expansion pack installed on our PC, using lots of HD space and when played, far too much RAM..and they're 20 quid for 1...ONE!

Breathe in.....breathe out....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.