GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"3 games for Room 101, what would you choose?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/11/02 at 22:39
Regular
Shenmue
-------
Because it's crap, really crap. It's more linear than Mario Bros on the NES, when you 'talk' to people all you can do is ask the same question you ask everyone else, depending on what stage in the game your at. You can get a job, sounds exciting? It isn't. You can only get one job, and thats driving a fork lift truck backwards and forwards, backwards and forwards across a harbour carrying crates, and you HAVE to do it. Your also forced to take part in a 'race' every morning, as you can imagine, fork lift trucks don't go particulary fast.

Theres about 10 fights in the whole game, the QTEs are pointless, if you fail you just do it again, with the same button combination. Playing the old games in the arcade is more fun than playing the actual 'game'. and the graphics weren't even *that* good.

I don't even consider it a game.

Unreal Tournament 2003
-----------------------
Because it's cack. Basically what they've done is, taken the multi-player mode from any of about 20 FPS (Half-Life, Team Fortress Classic, RTCW, TSP2 etc.) and made it a whole game by itself. Except they then stripped it down to just four different modes, Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Domination (which is crap) and Bombing Run.
The graphics are very good, but then seeing as theres a complete lack of anything like 'gameplay' I wouldn't be surpised if they spent the whole two years on the graphics and 'ragdoll physics' alone.

Neverwinter Nights
------------------
Because I read the review about 80 times (PC Gamer), it got 94% (exceptionally high for PCG) and they said it was the best RPG ever.

It was w*nk.

Undoubtablly the worst RPG I've ever played.

Those are my choices to be discarded into oblivion...if only..
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:54
Regular
"That's right!"
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Big pile of smelly, fly covered, vomit inducing poop

Soldier Of Fortune 2 - Not TOO bad, but certainly not worthy as a sequel to the ultra violent Soldier Of Fortune. I blame John Mullins, as he had a lot more influence in this one (he was brought in late into the project with SOF 1) and he made it very un-fun

Can't really single out one particular game as a third choice, as I've played a LOT of poop games
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Whitestripes wrote:
> Neverwinter Nights
> ------------------
> Because I read the review about 80 times (PC Gamer), it got 94%
> (exceptionally high for PCG) and they said it was the best RPG ever.
>
>
> It was w*nk.
>
> Undoubtablly the worst RPG I've ever played.
>

Heh, you should've read my review befoee you bought it. It's on SR now, the only review I've actually submitted.

Totally agree with you though. I wasted my money on this when it was released, too.
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ant wrote:

> Lylat Wars - The speech on this game makes me cringe, it's extremely
> short and very linear. Basic, even for an N64 game. :D
>
> Zelda: Ocarina Of Time
>
> All Command and Conquer games might have a place in there. Awful,
> awful things.

Go stand in the corner...

Three great games!

I'd have to nominate:

South Park - CRAP! NOM loved it and thought its was great! The levels were boring, the guns were boring, the game was boring!

Championship Manager - I'm a footy fan but this game is soooo boring! I've tried to play many many times but it's just so boring!

Ant - Not a game but he can go in there for what he said!
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:26
Regular
I liked Ape Escape, it was funny punching enemies with an extending boxing glove and capturing monkeys (ven though the name was ape escape) with a huge net.
Sat 16/11/02 at 20:19
Regular
1. Mickeys wild adventure
Don't judge a book by its cover, but....

2. ape ascape
Its an excuss to get people to buy dual shock pads

3. simpsons wrestling

same reason as Mattyboy
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:10
Regular
oops, I forgot the third
GTA London, finished in a few short hours, and I was only 11 at the time
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:09
Regular
Halo - Just like any average FPS to me.
The Sims - WTF is this all about, It's more fun watching your local neds roam around acting "all that" (and trust me it's not that fun, until you swear at them...)
Sat 16/11/02 at 15:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
FIFA 64 - The worst footy game ever, even more so than Three Lions - So bad it was embarrasing

South Park - Cant believe I spent £50 on this pile of crap
- terrible, terrible game

Simpsons Wrestling - Was bored after five minutes of playing it - Complete waste of a license
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:23
Regular
'Cause your a Sony fanboy

:D
Sat 16/11/02 at 13:19
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Indeed. But how can you hate Zelda? HOW?

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.