GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Hard Vendetta opinions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Die Hard Vendetta'.
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:48
Regular
Just thought soe of you guys might be intresting in some opinions on this game other than the dude earlier that raving about his disgust in the game.

First of all the bad things. For starters the aiming controls are a bit suspect, without auto aim on it's near impossible to shoot people which just sucks, i've tryed fiddling with the sensitivity but it still sucks. with the auto aim on you hardly have to do any adgusting of the aiming crosshair so it's a bit easy really. That's the worse part out of the way.

The graphics are a bit bland in places to be honest, particuarly the first level..oh and speaking of the first level don't let it put you off, it's a bit of a suck balls level but the 2nd level is much more fun. Another bad thing and this is just me being picky is like TWINE on the N64 when you shoot a hostage or do something that doesn't follow the mission and causes you to fail the level ends, now I don't know about you guys but I kinda like just going nuts in the level and shooting the inncoent bystanders occasionally in Goldeneye and Perfect dark. I really can't understand why other developers never let you do this and force the level to finish, stupid fools. Anyway minor niggle.

Now the good points and you'll be suprised to hear that there's quite a few, the speach is great, whether mid mission or in a pitched gun battle Mcalne always has something to say, very much in line with his film character. Also eves dropping on the terrorists conversations with the hostages and other people is rather amusing. One incident where I snuck into the mens toilet and listened to them talk about women was rather amusing, I proceeded to take one hostage and use him as a shield as his stupid mate with his trousers down ran out of the bog and filled him mate with lead. Another cool thing is taking hostages, very cool sneaking up on a terrorist holding a gun to his head and forcing his stupid mates to surrender their guns. The levels are welldone as well, all seem very different to the last, the first level sucks the balls as i've already said but from then on they get much better.

So basically it's a good game, not perfect but by no means rubbish, if you can get used to the controls (you will after a while and they actually come in handy) then I urge you to check it out.
Sat 16/11/02 at 09:31
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I like Die Hard Vendetta quite a bit really. I as only allowed to play on it for about Half and Hour because it's an Xmas present. The Graphics are quite Blocky but surprisingly still look good. The missions are excellent and there's neat little extras in-between running around, like you go into a Clothes shop pull back a curtain in the Changing room and there's a woman in her knicers and Bra behind. There's multiple routes to get to the end and there's lots of action all the time!!! The only problem i have with it, is that YOU WALK MILES TO SLOW AND CAN'T RUN!!!
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:58
Regular
tbh i like timesplitters 2 single player and die hard aint enuff to tempt me......... bring on star fox.
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:48
Regular
Just thought soe of you guys might be intresting in some opinions on this game other than the dude earlier that raving about his disgust in the game.

First of all the bad things. For starters the aiming controls are a bit suspect, without auto aim on it's near impossible to shoot people which just sucks, i've tryed fiddling with the sensitivity but it still sucks. with the auto aim on you hardly have to do any adgusting of the aiming crosshair so it's a bit easy really. That's the worse part out of the way.

The graphics are a bit bland in places to be honest, particuarly the first level..oh and speaking of the first level don't let it put you off, it's a bit of a suck balls level but the 2nd level is much more fun. Another bad thing and this is just me being picky is like TWINE on the N64 when you shoot a hostage or do something that doesn't follow the mission and causes you to fail the level ends, now I don't know about you guys but I kinda like just going nuts in the level and shooting the inncoent bystanders occasionally in Goldeneye and Perfect dark. I really can't understand why other developers never let you do this and force the level to finish, stupid fools. Anyway minor niggle.

Now the good points and you'll be suprised to hear that there's quite a few, the speach is great, whether mid mission or in a pitched gun battle Mcalne always has something to say, very much in line with his film character. Also eves dropping on the terrorists conversations with the hostages and other people is rather amusing. One incident where I snuck into the mens toilet and listened to them talk about women was rather amusing, I proceeded to take one hostage and use him as a shield as his stupid mate with his trousers down ran out of the bog and filled him mate with lead. Another cool thing is taking hostages, very cool sneaking up on a terrorist holding a gun to his head and forcing his stupid mates to surrender their guns. The levels are welldone as well, all seem very different to the last, the first level sucks the balls as i've already said but from then on they get much better.

So basically it's a good game, not perfect but by no means rubbish, if you can get used to the controls (you will after a while and they actually come in handy) then I urge you to check it out.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.