GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Hard Vendetta opinions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Die Hard Vendetta'.
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:48
Regular
Just thought soe of you guys might be intresting in some opinions on this game other than the dude earlier that raving about his disgust in the game.

First of all the bad things. For starters the aiming controls are a bit suspect, without auto aim on it's near impossible to shoot people which just sucks, i've tryed fiddling with the sensitivity but it still sucks. with the auto aim on you hardly have to do any adgusting of the aiming crosshair so it's a bit easy really. That's the worse part out of the way.

The graphics are a bit bland in places to be honest, particuarly the first level..oh and speaking of the first level don't let it put you off, it's a bit of a suck balls level but the 2nd level is much more fun. Another bad thing and this is just me being picky is like TWINE on the N64 when you shoot a hostage or do something that doesn't follow the mission and causes you to fail the level ends, now I don't know about you guys but I kinda like just going nuts in the level and shooting the inncoent bystanders occasionally in Goldeneye and Perfect dark. I really can't understand why other developers never let you do this and force the level to finish, stupid fools. Anyway minor niggle.

Now the good points and you'll be suprised to hear that there's quite a few, the speach is great, whether mid mission or in a pitched gun battle Mcalne always has something to say, very much in line with his film character. Also eves dropping on the terrorists conversations with the hostages and other people is rather amusing. One incident where I snuck into the mens toilet and listened to them talk about women was rather amusing, I proceeded to take one hostage and use him as a shield as his stupid mate with his trousers down ran out of the bog and filled him mate with lead. Another cool thing is taking hostages, very cool sneaking up on a terrorist holding a gun to his head and forcing his stupid mates to surrender their guns. The levels are welldone as well, all seem very different to the last, the first level sucks the balls as i've already said but from then on they get much better.

So basically it's a good game, not perfect but by no means rubbish, if you can get used to the controls (you will after a while and they actually come in handy) then I urge you to check it out.
Fri 22/11/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Steal the shotguns from the guns but be in stealth mode when you set fire to the mattress. Immediately after setting fire to it, run to the cell next door (on the left if you're facing out of the mattress cell) and crouch under the bed. When the guard from downstairs runs up and starts to put the fire out, make your way over to his cell with the computer (make sure you're still in stealth mode or he sometimes still sees you). When you're in his cell, open the cabinet and duck down, climb into it and close the door. McClane says something like "This is a dumb idea, John." The guard will then walk back to the cell and sit at his computer with his back to you. Quietly (still in stealth mode) get out of the cabinet and exit the cell behind the guard! You'll see two guards on the right carrying boxes and talking. DON'T LET THEM SEE YOU - hide on the right hand side of the wall until they pass, wait a couple of minutes so no-one sees you and then enter the room in front of you. There should be a switch for the lift straight in front of you. Toggle the switch and exit the room being careful to remanin in stealth mode or the guard with his back to you will see you. Then enter the lift that the two guards carrying the boxes came from.

I'll leave the rest for you pal!
Fri 22/11/02 at 14:06
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Foreman wrote:
> I'm going to be ordering Die Hard as I think that it will be better
> than Timesplitters 2.

NO!!! You'll be making a horrible, stinking c***-up of a mistake if you do that. It's not better than Timsplitters 2. For a start, it's only single player and it's let down by poor controls, the most abysmal auto-aim I've ever encountered in my life and tight game restrictions that mean you have to follow a set course to complete a level. Why the hell does the level end when you go a bit ape-***t with your weaponry and take out the wrong target? I like shooting up innocents! Having said that, the voice acting is utterly superb in this game - the bit where you have to free the Warden comes to mind when all the jailbirds are trying to electrocute him in the chair and they're all screaming for murder! The redneck whooping with glee had my in tears! Excellent! Lots of nice touches let down by poor controls results in an average game experience for me. I'd take Timesplitters 2 over Vendetta anyday. Rent this game before buying or you could end up very disappointed.
Fri 22/11/02 at 14:03
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm finally stuck on this game now.
I knew it! Sooner or later I'd get stuck on an FPS that I'm actually good-at!

I'm on the level where you have to escape from Prison and all the rest, but I can't find a way-out.
I've managed to nick the Shotguns from the 2 guards out on patrol, and I've also found the tuna can and lit fire to the stinky matress.
But when he comes to put the flames out, even when I'm in my own cell, he says "Prisoner on the loose!" even though I know he hasn't seen me!

I ran-down to where he was sat by the PC, but I can't seem to get that door open. Do I need to sneak-up-on-'im and grab the keys or something?

What next?? Help me, please!
Wed 20/11/02 at 22:21
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Hmm........Nightfire, Jedi Knight II, or Die Hard.
>
> Hmmmmmmmmm.........
>
> Or Starfox.

Pick of the bunch probably nightfire and starfox.... tho die hard is not far from it. Oh if u will have a few parties and christmas mario part would be perfect...
Wed 20/11/02 at 20:04
Regular
"^_^"
I love a good bargain! Does anyone know anything about how much of a bargain the Nintendo online will be?
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:31
Regular
Dammit! I really want Die Hard now! And Resident Evil at £25? Baaarrrgain!
Mon 18/11/02 at 20:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hmm........Nightfire, Jedi Knight II, or Die Hard.

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Or Starfox.
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm going to be ordering Die Hard as I think that it will be better than Timesplitters 2.
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:48
Regular
lol jedi knight aint really a shoot em up........
Mon 18/11/02 at 19:40
Regular
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> auf deutsch wrote:
> I'm renting it at the moment and it's a load better than how I
> thought
> it would be.
> The Hero Time is pretty cool, especially as it plays Ole de joy and
> the guns aren't bad at all...twin uzis etc :P
>
> Where do you rent from, my local video store has only just got 2!!
> X-box games!! No sign of NGC games in the near future!

From Blockbuster, although I was suprised they had Die Hard in, they don't seem to get new games very often, not even TS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.