GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Die Hard Vendetta opinions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Die Hard Vendetta'.
Sat 16/11/02 at 00:48
Regular
Just thought soe of you guys might be intresting in some opinions on this game other than the dude earlier that raving about his disgust in the game.

First of all the bad things. For starters the aiming controls are a bit suspect, without auto aim on it's near impossible to shoot people which just sucks, i've tryed fiddling with the sensitivity but it still sucks. with the auto aim on you hardly have to do any adgusting of the aiming crosshair so it's a bit easy really. That's the worse part out of the way.

The graphics are a bit bland in places to be honest, particuarly the first level..oh and speaking of the first level don't let it put you off, it's a bit of a suck balls level but the 2nd level is much more fun. Another bad thing and this is just me being picky is like TWINE on the N64 when you shoot a hostage or do something that doesn't follow the mission and causes you to fail the level ends, now I don't know about you guys but I kinda like just going nuts in the level and shooting the inncoent bystanders occasionally in Goldeneye and Perfect dark. I really can't understand why other developers never let you do this and force the level to finish, stupid fools. Anyway minor niggle.

Now the good points and you'll be suprised to hear that there's quite a few, the speach is great, whether mid mission or in a pitched gun battle Mcalne always has something to say, very much in line with his film character. Also eves dropping on the terrorists conversations with the hostages and other people is rather amusing. One incident where I snuck into the mens toilet and listened to them talk about women was rather amusing, I proceeded to take one hostage and use him as a shield as his stupid mate with his trousers down ran out of the bog and filled him mate with lead. Another cool thing is taking hostages, very cool sneaking up on a terrorist holding a gun to his head and forcing his stupid mates to surrender their guns. The levels are welldone as well, all seem very different to the last, the first level sucks the balls as i've already said but from then on they get much better.

So basically it's a good game, not perfect but by no means rubbish, if you can get used to the controls (you will after a while and they actually come in handy) then I urge you to check it out.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ocarina of Time was the greatest RPG ever in my opinion. It's better than Mjora's Mask because they were going to incorporate everything into OOT but had to split it into two Zelda game and release MM later due to time restrictions. From the opening scene with the mesmerising music, my jaw dropped open. Still amazing and a timeless classic that I'll NEVER sell.

Back to Die Hard, though. It's not worth owning especially when I completed it on Die Harder level after renting it for a few days! But it as some great effects and brilliant voice acting in it. The controls are too jerky and what's with the lack of good strafing? On Timespitter 2, once you set the controls to those of Goldeneye, the game plays like a dream. Unlike DHV when it's all jerky and messed up...
Also, I have to mention the auto-aim AGAIN! Putting the auto-aim on makes the game too easy but turning it off makes it nigh on impossible! The manual aim jerks around like a rabid dog and my frustration levels were going into the red!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:39
Regular
"^_^"
Yea, the Gamecube remake is going to be AMAZING!
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:31
Regular
I might go as far as saying Ocarina Of Time was my favourite game ever.
Sun 24/11/02 at 15:07
Regular
"^_^"
Did you ever catch the giant fish in OOT?
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:52
Parr wrote:
> Some say MM was just slapped together. OOT was thought about. Think
> about it though. OOT is great. They are both great!

1 major problem with mm NO FISHING GAME :'(
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:51
Regular
"^_^"
Some say MM was just slapped together. OOT was thought about. Think about it though. OOT is great. They are both great!
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:40
Parr wrote:
> I think that Ocarina of time was better than Majora's Mask!

hmm i can see where your coming from, oot was an amazing (ouch bit tounge) game, i think oot had a better atmostpehe to mm
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:38
Regular
"^_^"
I think that Ocarina of time was better than Majora's Mask!
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:21
perfect dark was proberly the best game ever, then prob zelda mm, then so forth
Sun 24/11/02 at 14:21
Regular
"^_^"
I do prefer a good single player FPS to a multiplayer one. I love Perfect Dark though, becuase it has both good single and multi player!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.