GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rumours! Calling All X-Box Owners..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
I've recently decided I would like to buy an X-Box but a few people have said this to me....

"The X-Box scratches discs"

I was just wondering if this is true. Obviously, if it is, I might just go back to my plans of buying a Gamecube...
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:29
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I've also popped the 'Thinking of buying an Xbox?' thread in here for you to look at them both and make your decision on which to buy.

:-)
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:26
"High polygon count"
Jericho15 wrote:
> Thanks Wookee. I will probably buy one but i'm not sure about the
> confidence bit!

Well, I'm only vouching for the fact that it won't scratch discs... can't guarantee you'll like the software, though! :-)
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:03
Regular
Jericho15 wrote:
> I was just wondering if this is true. Obviously, if it is, I might
> just go back to my plans of buying a Gamecube...

Hey, if you're thinking of buying a GameCube, you could always check out my post in the Nintendo forum:

http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ [SPACE] display_messages.php?threadid=59967&forumid=132

It's designed for people looking for a new console, and contains a huge amount of relative information. Judging by your position, I think it'll be a very worthwhile read. That way, you'll be able to make a much more informed decision - whatever console you choose.

:D
Sun 17/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Thanks Wookee. I will probably buy one but i'm not sure about the confidence bit!
Sun 17/11/02 at 20:39
"High polygon count"
Some early Japanese models (I think...) were reported to scratch discs, but there doesn't appear to be any problem with the UK models. Buy one with confidence.
Sun 17/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
I've recently decided I would like to buy an X-Box but a few people have said this to me....

"The X-Box scratches discs"

I was just wondering if this is true. Obviously, if it is, I might just go back to my plans of buying a Gamecube...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.