GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rumours! Calling All X-Box Owners..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
I've recently decided I would like to buy an X-Box but a few people have said this to me....

"The X-Box scratches discs"

I was just wondering if this is true. Obviously, if it is, I might just go back to my plans of buying a Gamecube...
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:50
Regular
Jericho15 wrote:
> Thanks people! Just needed to know that...I think i'll carry on with
> my plans to get an X-Box then... :D

Ah well. It's your choice - as long as you've weighed up both consoles. Of course, if you have any Nintendo related questions you can always ask me to help your decision.

You shouldn't decide on whether a console scratches discs or not anyway - just the quality of the games available :D.
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Thanks people! Just needed to know that...I think i'll carry on with my plans to get an X-Box then... :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 13:53
The only person I know to have sratched disks was a person who got a launch console he says he can see faint scratch marks but doesn't affect his game and he doesn't even know if its from the console. Its from taking out the game and putting it in constantly
Tue 19/11/02 at 02:34
Regular
I've been happily playing on my Xbox since its launch and not a single one of my Xbox games has ever been scratched or even crashed. If you have an Xbox that is scratching disks, it's definitely faulty. In all my dealings with Microsoft I have found them to be very helpful and I'm sure they'll be willing to repair/replace the console. The only scratched disk I ever came across was when I rented Hitman 2, but whether the damage was caused by someone's Xbox or mistreatment I don't know. The soundtrack would get stuck and the game crashed from time to time. If you're experiencing anything like this then get onto Microsoft, the Xbox is a quality console and you should be able to play any game without glitches or crashes.
Mon 18/11/02 at 23:52
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
Another thing, it only happens to Xbox games and not DVD's
Mon 18/11/02 at 22:47
thats the segmentation on the disc I think but if not just phone up the freephone xbox customer service number.
Mon 18/11/02 at 13:22
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
The scratches are circular going around the CD, after the scratches get there they never get any worse and they continue to play with no problems.
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:36
Regular
IF the games still play, then the discs can't be scratched, can they?
Mon 18/11/02 at 01:27
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
I bought an Xbox 5 months ago and it scratches every disk I put in it. All the games still play, is there something wrong with it?
Sun 17/11/02 at 23:21
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Don't worry about that rumour - it was only a thing that happened in Japan with a very small number of people. It didn't even affect the games and it was blown way out of proportion.

So if you want to get an X-Box, don't worry about that disk scratching thing for a minute mate. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.