GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC games are for rich and stupid."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 15:05
Regular
After just reading the spec from Gta VC on the PC, I had to laugh at the sort of power you need to run this game. 800mhz PC with 32mb graphics card. My laptop which is only 2 years old the same as my PS2 I might add has 700mhz and 16mb graphics card would not be able to run this game at optimum performance and we all know the consequences of that. Missing scenery less objects and slowdown problems, all qualities stupid PC gamers love in there games so I say carry on I will stick to my clapped out old PS2 which will play the game properly because it was designed too.
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:22
"You love us!"
Hey Top Score. There is not need to start slating PCs just because you cannot afford a high spec machine. It’s not the PCs fault that you are poor.

For cutting edge visuals, high quality sound and high-quality display (I.e. resolution) a top spec PC cannot be beaten. Notice i am talking about pure power and cosmetics here - the debate between PC/console games is a subjective matter. The power and pure speed of a PC is fact.

However, as everyone knows, a top end PC costs lots of cash. But whatever the cost, if you can afford it, PCs are still capable of doing it. Can you imagine Doom 3 running on a PS2? No, not in a millions years.

Okay, you can’t afford to keep up with the PC hardware upgrades, which is annoying in itself, but don’t use your lack of money to start slating PCs

Just enjoy what you can afford, i.e. your you PS2.
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Fishtobeking wrote:
> Let them pay out the money for the game. We can't stop them so why
> bother.

Yeah... let PC owner pay 15+ quid less for the titles... they'll never know their being ripped off!
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:52
Regular
""to many dead hero""
good point
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:41
"...Unicef pennies.."
Insane Bartender wrote:

> So before you continue spamming how your
> console is better than a PC, try to remember that the very idea is
> just plain wrong.

I don't think this is what he was trying to get at.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Top score wrote:
> Who wants to look at a small insignificant Monitor anyway I prefer my
> 32 inch widescreen Sony. Then again some people have to manage with
> smaller packages.

Although, you know, you can probably plug your PC into your TV?
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Top score wrote:
> My laptop which is only 2 years old the same as my PS2
> I might add has 700mhz and 16mb graphics card

Wow!.. you REALLY got ripped off... You can't blame us your your bad purchasing decisions... (but enough about your PS2 ;) )

> would not be able to run
> this game at optimum performance

I'll bet it can still give you a better performance than the PS2 versoin can supply though?
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:10
"Darkness, always"
Top score wrote:
> It's not for doing that IT IS FOR PLAYING GAMES

EXACTLY. It can't even begin to work the manner of miracle that PCs perform as everyday tasks. So before you continue spamming how your console is better than a PC, try to remember that the very idea is just plain wrong.

> Who wants to look at a small insignificant Monitor anyway I prefer my
> 32 inch widescreen Sony. Then again some people have to manage with
> smaller packages.

To some people, the quality of the image is more important than how much it gets stretched out...
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Let them pay out the money for the game. We can't stop them so why bother.
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Update2.01 wrote:
> Dont think laptops use PCI. They use PCMCIA (also called PC cards). I
> think there are 2 or 3 types of these as well.

ok, looks like I'll just be stuck with the 16mb graphics card
Tue 19/11/02 at 16:48
Regular
cipro wrote:
> If people want to play game on their PCs let them. Why should you
> bother arguing about it?

Your'e right if they want to spend load of time, effort and money let them carry on, but to say it is the best gaming platform is laughable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.