GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Sun And How It EXISTS :D (I worked it out in chemistry)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 18:44
Regular
Anyway like the title says I worked out how our Sun exists. Everyone knows that the sun is just a star (well a really big star but anyway) and like every star it is basically composed of burning gas wanting to blow it up but like every star it has a gravitational field wanting to crush it into a ball. So since there is this perfert balance between the two forces one wanting to expand out the other wanting to crush it in there star stays in being. Of course the gas still burns away but it happens so slowly the gravity has time to adjust stopping it going super nova. However if we were to take a lump of gas out of the sun suddenly then the gravity would have no time to adjust causing a chin reaction that ultimatley leads to the sun exploding and everyones death. All stars go super nova eventually and although the sun is so big it will be lethal when it does it still has a lot of time left before it blows. So unless they develope a extremely strong material with an extremely high melting point that can survive such an explosion however we are safe until it happens by natural causes...Anyway this was another random yet insightful topic by Cubist hope you enjoyed :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 18:44
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Anyway like the title says I worked out how our Sun exists. Everyone knows that the sun is just a star (well a really big star but anyway) and like every star it is basically composed of burning gas wanting to blow it up but like every star it has a gravitational field wanting to crush it into a ball. So since there is this perfert balance between the two forces one wanting to expand out the other wanting to crush it in there star stays in being. Of course the gas still burns away but it happens so slowly the gravity has time to adjust stopping it going super nova. However if we were to take a lump of gas out of the sun suddenly then the gravity would have no time to adjust causing a chin reaction that ultimatley leads to the sun exploding and everyones death. All stars go super nova eventually and although the sun is so big it will be lethal when it does it still has a lot of time left before it blows. So unless they develope a extremely strong material with an extremely high melting point that can survive such an explosion however we are safe until it happens by natural causes...Anyway this was another random yet insightful topic by Cubist hope you enjoyed :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:48
the sun is actually pretty small, its just the closest to us thats why it looks so big
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:51
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Dagfern wrote:
> the sun is actually pretty small, its just the closest to us thats why
> it looks so big

It is actually one of the biggest however the biggest one in existence is actually "Sirius" followed by "Canopus"
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:27
Regular
"Link to the Future"
I'm pretty sure that the sun is a relatively small star. Also stars usual come along in two's.

So are you going to do a degree in astro-physics then, Cubist?

I'm not, I hate physics, we've got a really bad teacher, but he's leaving a Christmas. Woohoo!
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:29
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I cannot stress enough that I *hate* my Physics teacher. Her voice gets is soooo annoying. Aw man, I got her tommorow.
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:32
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heh Heh I wish I was smart enough to do a degree in Physics let alone astr-physics! That involes worm hole mechanics etc and I barely know what that means! Ohwell my moment in the sun has passed (get it?) :D
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:34
Regular
"waiting 4 Matrix 3"
You absolute Legend!!!
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Cubist wrote:
>Ohwell my moment in the sun has passed (get it?) :D

*Badum-tisch*
*A solitary cough from the crowd*
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Heh heh heh heh I know some one would say that lol
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:44
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
You were practically asking for it, :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.