GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X Port"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 20/11/02 at 00:47
Regular
anybody know of any sites where i can download game files? e.g pes2, timesplitters2 smackdown.

thanks
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Rosalind wrote:
> Is it legal?
Wed 20/11/02 at 18:30
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Rosa didn't ask...
Wed 20/11/02 at 17:27
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Rosa, SR sell it themselves - http://special.reserve.co.uk/ (SPACE) listings/extrainfo.php?co=GG5511
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:22
it is very rare in the high street, best bet is indepenant shops, GAME had it ages ago but in a pack with other rubbish (crap pad and memory card) but havnt had it for ages

ukgames has the best price ive seen anyway for the x port v.2
go and treat yourself u WILL NOT regret it
its the same price as a memory card and much more reliable
my pes1 option file fecked up so many times!!!
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:56
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Region X isn't official either but there's no way I'd do without that. I might get this x-port thing (can you buy it in the high street?) cos I've had to delete a few old Parappa replays and stuff I'd like to have kept.
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:30
"You love us!"
No, I am the same. Unofficial stuff is usually complete tat. Just look at some of the 3rd party joypads for example – complete rubbish.

Xport isn’t official, in so much as it isn’t produced by Sony, but I guess it must have been ‘okayed’ by Sony or it wouldn’t be available. It is the only unofficial product I have ever bought, and is the only one I am ever likely to buy. Top little gadget.
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:14
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Is it an official product. I haven't ever bought an Unofficial product except for those little black covers that keep thoses random ports on the from of the PS2 clean

I'm a bit dubious about non-official stuff.

I sound like a right idiot now.
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:12
"You love us!"
To be honest I would have to agree. I never cheat on games; hence I don’t own an Action reply. I did use them at work, but that a different situation – had no choice or the work wouldn’t have got done in time.

I bought my xport cause I was fed up with paying £27-ish quid for a PS2 memory cards – it’s a rip off. With my xport, which costs the same as a single memory card, I can keep *all* of my save games. And with games like GTA3 and VC on the go, you can soon go through the space on a memory card.

The PES2 option file was a rather nice bonus that a stumbled upon about a week after I got the game. I was looking for someway to change the names and came across the perfect answer.

Look, everyone go and buy one now and I promise to shut up about the
damn thing :-D
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
Echelon_vs_Lightforce wrote:
What's the
> difference between doing this, and say, using an Action replay to
> modify a game?

I'm not very sure what an Action-replay does to a game. I'm not one for messing about with the way the game has been put together. But obviously if there is an edit mode then that is different.
Wed 20/11/02 at 13:05
"You love us!"
Rosalind wrote:
> Well form what you said, I thought it sounded as if people had
> re-programmed bits of the games.

Hmm, not so much 're-programmed' as edited. PES2 has an edit mode so if you had the inclination (and enough patience), you could go through and make all the changes yourself. All these guys have done is make all the changes, save it to their Pro Evo 2 option file and then let people download it and put it on their memory card.

This can hardly be viewed as re-programming the game! What's the difference between doing this, and say, using an Action replay to modify a game?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.