GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever been hurt in an accident?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
(...that wasn't your fault) no this is not a Claims Direct ad. I was just wondering about the scars the people of these forums wear on their persons.

Me, I have a scar above my left eye from a crazy golf incident. I was on a holiday activity thing at the local park because my parents were working during the summer holidays and the highlight of my day was a free round of crazy golf on the course there. Well it was until the foolish small child who was standing behind me decided to see how far he could drive the ball. His ill-advised Nick Faldo impersonation (Tiger Woods wasn't famous then) resulted in him missing the ball and hitting me directly above the eye with the follow through. It didn't actually hurt too much but it bled like hell and needed stitches. And I am left with a white streak above my eye as a permanent reminder that crazy golf and young children do not make a great mix.

Do you have any scars you want to share? Then this is the place for you. Exorcise those demons of your past, it's cathartic...
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:31
Regular
I got a huge scar on my second finger in on my left hand. Goes from the tip of my nail right up to my Knuckle. Apparently happened when I was 2-3 years old. I stuck my finger in a gas heater, and what do ya know?...It burnt my finger...All part of the learning process I guess...Sounds dodgy to me though...
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:09
Regular
"Wasting away"
Where do I start? I'm accident prone and before the age of 7, I was in hospital 7 times. The worst one is without a doubt when I was around 6 years old and was being lifted up to see some pigs. Just as I was on top of this guys sholders, he damn well drops me and my head happens to land on a brick. Nice scar from that.

Another time is when my brother pushed me through my dads window. That left another scar on my arm.

Of course, I've had injuries to my eyes - both of them. The first one was when I was in year 2 and was rocking back on my chair. After being told to stop, I carried on, just like you do at that age. The chair then slipped back and my eye went straight into the side of some draws, resulting in another scar.

Then, a few months later, my brother threw the cat at me, giving me another scar in my other eye.

I've got loads of cuts over my legs from falling over so much, when I was younger and lots of cuts remaining with me, to this very day.
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
I scar easily and have over 20 scars on my body. Godammit...
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:15
"slightlyshortertagl"
Horse riding.

Approaching a jump when i panicked and pulled back on the reins (ropes you hold) and pulled back the horse's head, the horse was too tight up and so couldnt jump the fence. He ended up running straight through the jump and tripping over. I landed on my head nearly breaking my neck and so did he. luckily i wanst under him. I got a big scar nest to my nose from a rogue piece of wood chippings. I was luck, i was told if i was an extra little bit deaper i wuld of needed stiches.... I was lucky..

Still got the scar there , ask DrDragon...
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:18
I have a small scar on the back of my hand where my cousin thought it would be funny to try and impail my hand to a table with a screw driver.

That was fun :S
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Wasting away"
brad@specialreserve wrote:
I have a small scar on the back of my hand where my cousin thought it would be funny to try and impail my hand to a table with a screw driver.

That was fun :S

That explains a lot.... . It also says a lot about who SR employs these days.

:-D
Sun 10/03/02 at 13:41
All my accidents are my own fault.
Maily coz I'm that type of idiot.
Sun 10/03/02 at 14:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My little brother hit me with a gold ball... I was standing about 80 degrees to his side and he still hit me...

Anyway I have a white scar on my left hand after I slipped on ice in primary school and as I fell the person who was chasing me foot dragged my hand along ground and ripped it to pieces...

Chicken pox left me with a dent at the very top of my head...

I have small scar on arm and knee as well, don't know why.
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:00
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Wow, these are really beginning to get nasty, but it's good to share...

I have a phobia about ice skating after seeing a similar hand-floor-shredded incident and Sheepy's story made me wince a little.

I also have a half-moon shaped scar on my back where someone opened a door into it with great force. Enough force in fact to scar me through two layers of clothing. Painful.
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:03
"period drama"
I fell through the front door when I was 3.
It was on the way to get me some glasses ( Idon't have to wear them anymore, though)
And I had to go to surgery to get all the glass out.

I've still got a scar where a massive dog clawed me.

And i've had my finger cut to the bone with those "Safety" scissors.

Ouch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.