GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever been hurt in an accident?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
(...that wasn't your fault) no this is not a Claims Direct ad. I was just wondering about the scars the people of these forums wear on their persons.

Me, I have a scar above my left eye from a crazy golf incident. I was on a holiday activity thing at the local park because my parents were working during the summer holidays and the highlight of my day was a free round of crazy golf on the course there. Well it was until the foolish small child who was standing behind me decided to see how far he could drive the ball. His ill-advised Nick Faldo impersonation (Tiger Woods wasn't famous then) resulted in him missing the ball and hitting me directly above the eye with the follow through. It didn't actually hurt too much but it bled like hell and needed stitches. And I am left with a white streak above my eye as a permanent reminder that crazy golf and young children do not make a great mix.

Do you have any scars you want to share? Then this is the place for you. Exorcise those demons of your past, it's cathartic...
Sun 10/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
(...that wasn't your fault) no this is not a Claims Direct ad. I was just wondering about the scars the people of these forums wear on their persons.

Me, I have a scar above my left eye from a crazy golf incident. I was on a holiday activity thing at the local park because my parents were working during the summer holidays and the highlight of my day was a free round of crazy golf on the course there. Well it was until the foolish small child who was standing behind me decided to see how far he could drive the ball. His ill-advised Nick Faldo impersonation (Tiger Woods wasn't famous then) resulted in him missing the ball and hitting me directly above the eye with the follow through. It didn't actually hurt too much but it bled like hell and needed stitches. And I am left with a white streak above my eye as a permanent reminder that crazy golf and young children do not make a great mix.

Do you have any scars you want to share? Then this is the place for you. Exorcise those demons of your past, it's cathartic...
Sun 10/03/02 at 00:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
One on my left knee, christ knows how I got that. I was always shredding my limbs on something or other when I was younger.

One just below my lower lip - you can't see it unless I stretch the skin there. I got that when I was a few years old. I was spinning around in the living room, and fell and landed on the corner of the music center.

One on the back of my left hand. It's kind of like a purple dot. I have no idea when it appeared, or how it got there. All I know it that it has been there for ages.
Sun 10/03/02 at 00:34
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
I have two belly buttons: One on my belly and one between my buttoc....

*Someone whispers in TomUKs ear*
Ahh.........

(Shooting stars is damn funny!)
Sun 10/03/02 at 00:57
Regular
lol, shooting stars is funny!

I've got warscars of my own, two small bald patches where I twice cracked my head open. Once when I was a toddler, the other when I was around 9.
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:18
Regular
I too have a scar above my left eye. Mine occured when I was a baby. I was trying to open a door when I slipped and banged my eye on one of those old style door bolts at the bottom of the door, thus nearly blinding me, staining the door red and frighteneing the bejesus out of my parents.

Like you I will have a scar above my eye, going through my eyebrow, for the rest of my life. I feel your pain.

*breaks down in tears*
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:36
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Funnily, I to have a scar above my left eye!

Weird!

Well what happened was when I was about 5 I was in my uncle's garden running around and I was told to watch out for the rose bushes, well, as you can probably guess, I ran straight through one, leaving my face a bloody mess and a scar above my left eye.

I have 2 scars on my right knee and one on my lower leg, The main one on my knee is when I fell off my bike in shorts and I cut all the way down to the fat, I limped for 3 weeks.

The second is when I was also riding my bike, in the wet, and I came to a knee right wall, turned, slipped, and banging my knee right on the edge.

The one on my lower leg was done when I was on my bike (Damn bike :o) ) and my foot slipped and my leg hit the main gear thingy and left me with a nice 4 lined scar.

*Checks for more*

I have various scars on my hand due to fighting and soldering irons. I have a few on my shins from footy but thats about it. Just call my the scar man why don't you!
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:37
It was the beginning of lunch time, I walk into the class room (we have an open school policy) and some w'nker throws a bottle at one of my friends. My friend ducked and the bottle scratched about 2cm across my face. It bled a little, but about 2 months on, the scratch is still there. It's faint, but visible.

Not half as bad as any of yours, I know :0)
Sun 10/03/02 at 08:39
Regular
God, little did I know there are loads of left eye scar people (I just made that terminology up but its appropriate)out there...

So its not just me...

*breaks down in tears again*
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:14
Regular
Well, I lost my first arm at the age of 2. The second arm and the left leg went in a duel with an enraged Polish chap calling himself Vrans. I was 3 at the time. My one remaining leg I donated to Children in Greed.

Now I push myself around in a little box, and I'll bite yer knees off.

And I've got a scar above my left eye. Yep, Vrans again.
Sun 10/03/02 at 10:56
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
Stryke wrote:
> Well, I lost my first arm at the age of 2. The second arm and the left leg went
> in a duel with an enraged Polish chap calling himself Vrans. I was 3 at the
> time. My one remaining leg I donated to Children in Greed.

Now I push myself
> around in a little box, and I'll bite yer knees off.

And I've got a scar
> above my left eye. Yep, Vrans again...

...And the pixies nibbled your eyes out while you sleeping

What a strange coincidence about the left eye scar people. It must mean something... either we are destined to form some elite coven of left-eye scar people who will rule the world in secret and occasionally laugh at the general public by installing 'joke' presidents like George Bush and seeing how many peopele notice, or the left eye has an immensely powerful magnet behind it that irresistably draws metal objects into your face at specific moments.

And I thought I was the only one...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.