GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you ever been hurt in an accident?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/03/02 at 00:16
Regular
(...that wasn't your fault) no this is not a Claims Direct ad. I was just wondering about the scars the people of these forums wear on their persons.

Me, I have a scar above my left eye from a crazy golf incident. I was on a holiday activity thing at the local park because my parents were working during the summer holidays and the highlight of my day was a free round of crazy golf on the course there. Well it was until the foolish small child who was standing behind me decided to see how far he could drive the ball. His ill-advised Nick Faldo impersonation (Tiger Woods wasn't famous then) resulted in him missing the ball and hitting me directly above the eye with the follow through. It didn't actually hurt too much but it bled like hell and needed stitches. And I am left with a white streak above my eye as a permanent reminder that crazy golf and young children do not make a great mix.

Do you have any scars you want to share? Then this is the place for you. Exorcise those demons of your past, it's cathartic...
Sun 10/03/02 at 18:18
Regular
I have a scar above my lip/below my nose.

It's was a funny accident, but also painful.

I was playing football in year 3. I jumped up for a header and this kid also jumped up for a header. Now, as I'm considerably small (4ft 11), he took a chunk out of my lip with his TEETH! I won the header, but had to get medical treatment! It was that bad! I still have the scar 6 years on, so I guess I was 8 at the time!

Anyhoo, that's the only scar for life I have.
Sun 10/03/02 at 18:05
Regular
Oh I just remembered

I have another scar on my left hand from when the door at work attacked me

and a new cut on my right hand...dunno how I got that one.
Sun 10/03/02 at 18:00
Regular
SHEEPY wrote:
> After reading Mystique's I'm surprised she has a left hand?

You do don't
> you?

Yep,Its indestructable(sp?)
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:55
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ok here are the ones I can remember, if I remember more I'll post them. When I was about 13 I was at a friends house messing about in his loft, he was playing darts and decided to throw them at my feet and say "dance" one of them went into my calf muscle and was a little painful so I threw a punch and gave my friend a black eye. Luckily the cut was clean and my leg didn't get infected. Still hurt at the time.

When I was a toddler I was out with my mum and I was running round the corner to go to a frineds house, there was buliding going on at the flats round the corner and I tripped over a pile of bricks and took a severe asthma attack and spent the next week and a bit in hospital, I still remember it happening and going in the ambulance with the siren on.
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:28
Regular
"++ Anti Antler ++"
I'm missing one of my backbone things! I was playing football and to my dismay I trioed a bycicle kick, resulting in an incredibly painfull land on my back, during which I was sent to hospital, but I soon fainted, the woman in the bad next to me was having a miscarriage. I was 10...
Sun 10/03/02 at 17:11
Regular
"Excommunicated"
After reading Mystique's I'm surprised she has a left hand?

You do don't you?

*shivers*
Sun 10/03/02 at 16:42
I've got a scar on my forehead - fell over and hit a door when I was young,
Got tons on my knees - other occasions when I fell over as child.
A faint one up my leg, about 6 inches long - a fight with a rose bush.
Oh, and a meaty one on my elbow - I fell off the back of a lorry...
Got others, but they're small and boring...
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:52
i havea scar above my right eyebrow.I got it when i triped in a shopping center and hit my head or something.I dont remember an of it i only know coz my mum told me
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:34
ive got this two ince long scar on my back, i had a weird mole there and it kept bleeding, anoyying little devil. So i had it cut off, and to add to the torture they played S-Club 7 while they cut it off in the hospital, ARRRHHHHH.Then they sent the little thing off to be examined, awwwwwwww! Now i have this giant scaron my back, i say a small shark bit me whenever someone asks, HEHEHE!
Sun 10/03/02 at 15:27
Regular
But you still have your arms and legs. Count yourself lucky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.