GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC Questions.."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/03/02 at 21:41
Regular
Just a quick general question/answer style topic.

Well, im getting a GameCube and thats a definite now. But, im still a little unsure on a few things. Like, you see that soundstation for the GC that SR are selling, well, does anyone have one for PS2 or heard one and is it good? Secondly, where does the thing plug into? Mains, GC and the headphone socket on your TV? Well, I don't have a headphone socket. So if its just mains and GC then im fine, but if not then I won't buy it.

Right, the GC connects via a scart lead correct? Well seeing as my telly only has scart sockets then its the scart way I'll have to go instead of the RBG leads. So is the lead bundled with the GC good enough? Or should I get a better scart lead? Because I have seen them and they say that they give better quality.

And while im on the case, whats this uncompressed stuff to do with the GC memory cards? It always states "Uncompressed" so, whats going on there?

Ok, thats it for now, so could anyone kindly give me my answer, and if anyone needs some help about GC then they can post it in here and I'll help you or get my trained monkeys to do it :o)

Much appreciated

GasMask
Sat 30/03/02 at 23:11
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Ah right, so, i gotta buy extra leads? Great..
Sun 24/03/02 at 13:10
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm pretty sure you have to buy all extra leads.
Sat 23/03/02 at 18:00
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yea, like the PS2 scart lead?

So, does the GC come with the red/white to red/white cables? Or do I gotta go and buy them? I think i'll run the sound through my stereo, which is great.
Sat 23/03/02 at 10:54
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
GasMask wrote:
> Ah cheers. Thanks.

So, scart. ok.

The soundstation looks great doesn't
> it?!

But, where does it connect to? GC, Mains? And your telly?

If its
> only GC and mains then im fine. If it needs to connect to my telly then im
> buggered :o)

the speakers will probably be connected to the gc , with the scart lead. The composite cable that you get with the scart plug , will have 3 connectors on it , 1 yellow (video) 1 white and 1 red (audio) , in the back of the speakers will be a socket to plug the audio leads into (red and white) so do that , to get the sound going through your speakers (it will not come out of the TV) , the plug the yellow lead into the scart plug and into the TV , and you have the picture on the tv , the sound in the speakers , and your very own HOME CINEMA !!!
Wed 20/03/02 at 19:17
Regular
When you use the term relating to pc files, compression is any method of minimising the space required to save all the file's data, so it takes up less memory.

I suppose you could also compress the data saved from a game, which would mean it would take up less slots, but i'm not sure what role the card would have in this process, i'd have thought the card and its size would be the same regardless of whether the data stored on it had been compressed or not.

Oh, the mystery. Maybe it just has something to do with those sd cards, and everything i just wrote was crap, i can only speculate really, but i'm sure that somewhere, somebody knows.
Wed 20/03/02 at 17:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
GasMask wrote:
"And while im on the case, whats this uncompressed stuff to do with the GC memory cards? It always states "Uncompressed" so, whats going on there?

Much appreciated

GasMask"

No-one seemed to answer this question, and it's something i'd also like to know.

Anyone know????
Tue 12/03/02 at 21:16
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Couldn't put a ss (Well maybe I can) ;o)
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:49
Regular
behind what? couldn't you just move it out of the way?
; )
Tue 12/03/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Running your stereo through the soundstation :o)

My stereo kicks behind :o) 4 Speakers, 2 which rumble the floor at 6/30 volume, scary eh? :o)
Tue 12/03/02 at 19:31
Regular
i doubt it'd need to connect to the tv, though i also doubt that's about to convince you to go buy it ; )

does look great though, and i'd be able to run my rubbish dirt cheap uni loan stereo through it, cutting out the fuzzy speakers : )

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.