GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"graphics"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 14:13
Regular
the x-box is ment to be the most powerfull console out there, but looking at the graphics there ok. i just had a look at the trailor for resident evil 4, and thats the best graphics i have seen in a long time. So does nintendo also have this advanatage over other consoles as well?
Mon 25/11/02 at 17:25
Regular
i wont argue the point, cos to be honest i couldnt give a hít which console is more powerful, and has best graphics!

as i have stated time and time again, it is the games na dthe gameplay that matter.
you could have a console ten times the power of an xbox and cube put together but it could have wánk games!

so, thats it.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:41
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Here we go again. The great graphic debate continues! My opinion is that in terms of graphical poer the consoles have it in this order - PS2, GC then XBOX. However, to quote a great man (me!):

"Graphic's do not a make a game. They help but it's playability that counts."

Having said that, I've notice graphics on GC games tend to be crisper andf marginally better than PS2 graphics while XBOX graphic are probably the best. B uying a technically inferior console has never bothered me because it's the quality of the games that count. That's why I'm Nintendo till I die!
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:38
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The Xbox is largely recognised to have the most raw power of all the current consoles although, as you can well see, the difference is not very big. It's usually down to the developers to squeeze those few extra drops out of the gaming rig. Look at the PS2 - very powerful when you program it properly, but very difficult to program, resulting in some games looking like Sega Saturn ports.
Mon 25/11/02 at 09:46
Regular
"aliens exist"
actually the x box isnt reeally the most powerful console on the market, i cant be bothered finding the exact figures but it was on totalgames.net while back if anyone can be bothered to search for it.

anjy way i'll explain it simply, if you judge graphics on the number of polygons a machine can push per second, then the x box claims to have the best fgure, however this is before any effects are added and is worked out using simple shapes, but when you add effects this figure drops by roughly a third

so cos i dont have the figures lets say when effects are added this puts the x boxs polygon count at Y. now, accoridng to EA (Electronic arts/ EA Sports/ EA Big/) etc, well anyway EA of canada reckon that in lab conditions when effects have been added, they have counted the gamecubes polygon per second count as bigger than this Y figure of the x box.

so this means that all of this talk of the x box being the most powerful console isnt really very true, until both consoles are tested head to head in lab conditions we'll never truely know,

still, i suppose afro-colonic or whatever his name is, who appears to have every game and every console ever will try and argue this point, so to save my self the bother i'll point you to www.totalgames.net direct your enquiries there as this is where the info came from,
Mon 25/11/02 at 07:06
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Ture, But! You must have a good job with a good wage...don't u?
Sun 24/11/02 at 23:47
Regular
lol, im not a millionaire by a long way!
lol, i just have a serious passion for games and films!
i would rather spend my money on them than go out partying everynight and taking numerous amounts of pointless drugs!
Sun 24/11/02 at 23:37
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Alcofrolic are you some kind of millionaire? You seem to have every console with like 99999 games.

My most recent console was a Dreamcast, still waiting until I can afford a GameCube :O(
Sun 24/11/02 at 23:19
Regular
xboxlord wrote:
> yes but the xbox still has the best graphic card in the world

no it doesnt
it has an nvidia card.
whereas Cube has an ATI card.

not really much difference.

so go away you sad Xbox fanboy

open your eyes and maybe then youll realize there is more to life than sucking bill gates cóck
Sun 24/11/02 at 22:54
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Out of all the consoles the X-box may have the best graphics but isn't it the gameplay that's important?
Sun 24/11/02 at 22:52
Regular
xboxlord wrote:
> yes but the xbox still has the best graphic card in the world

Who let Bill Gates onto the forum?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.