GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MGS 2 - Longest Thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/03/02 at 12:12
Regular
No point starting new topics for this...

If wanna talk abt MGS,

Moan about it...

Discuss Tactics,

Gloat of Early Deliverys!

Then do it here!!

I'll start..

Mine came through a day early, I Love SR!

Anyone else got theirs?
Sun 10/03/02 at 12:00
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Thats a Great Review of your Personal MGS 2 Adventure so far FM...

Looks like uv'e mastered the game already, I am still getting used to the game myself, ive completed the Tanker
level but switched it off after that, I felt like I had ben on a roller coaster because my heart was beating quickly.
I watched every cut scene, codec moment and action scene as possible. I feel that it gives you more information/hints required for your journey and it is interesting.

I find the game unique so to speak, the sound, the gameplay and the astonishing "small detail" in the game is profound. This is not any old game it is a playble DVD movie and we are lucky enough that it was produced in our generation.

Before this game came out many people where questioning MGS 2 and even some reviews were not giving it the credit it deserves.

I believe this game has moved on from its predecessor, and looking it at it now, you would think "how were they going to build upon an amazing game?" but they've done it and credit to Hideo, Konami and PS 2.
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I've been entering my clear codes for the Tanker level today. One thing that struck me about MGS2 was the fact that people were saying it's way too short. I can now do the Tanker level in under 20 minutes (I haven't finished the Plant level yet), or I can play the Tanker level as it was intended and collect all the items and the dog tags on the way, which boosts my time up to about the 2 hour mark.

The great thing is, both ways are fun. The challenge of holding up guards on Normal Level, let alone European Extreme level, is going to keep me busy for weeks on end.

Then, of course, I've got all the fun gadgets to play around with (unlimited ammo on the Tanker level is great fun by the way, highly recommended for kneecapping guards all the way through and completely destroying bar).

As for the cut scenes, I can take them or leave them. Sometimes when I'm playing I like to immerse myself and watch the cutscenes and even Codec conversations all the way through, just to feel 'in' the game.

Other times, like when going for a fast time, I'll skip them, but strangely enough the ending sequence on the Tanker level I find unmissable, there's just so much going on that I can watch it over and over.

And it's one of those games that is different EVERY time you play it. For example, today just for fun I held up a guard, then knocked him out. Then, because I had the digital camera equipped, I shot him in both eyes with a tranquiliser dart while he was lying on the floor and took a piccy and saved it to my memory card.

I've also saved the game just before the section where Raiden goes into the Transformer Room on the Plant Level, because the scene that follows with Vamp cutting his way through the Seal Team is just incredible, and it's great to be able just to load up the game and show people how fantastic some of the visuals are by just loading in that scene.

Vamp himself has got to be one of the best videogame characterisations I've ever seen in 20 years of gaming. The guy's vicious, but he exudes coolness beyond belief.

And of course now I can't get the theme music out of my head, it's like permanent background radiation in my brain, playing over and over.

I'm off again now for a bit more target practice (seagulls plus tranquiliser gun equals fun. Can't wait to practice on them with a guided missile or two later on).
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
So does anyone know about the Liquid Snake/Ocelot thing?
If you don't know what I mean then...

...it confused me that at the end of the tanker level
Liquid Snake seemed to be in Ocelot, via his arm?
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:16
Regular
No probs
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:15
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I agree, I have found this thread
> informative and helpful so far, well done Neo!

Yeh I thought its done well,

Thanks RM.
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:08
Regular
"  "
Legendary Link wrote:
> Triple_H wrote:
> Legendary Link wrote:
> I'm at Fat Man, but i havent
> done the ship level
> yet.

How does that work then......

i don't know
> but i think it's something to do with the action level at the begginning, i
> choose "did'nt clear the first game but bring on the action"

U miss it out because if u didn't knoiw about the story then u would't understand...still there is the story under extras u should have read firts u know....it is as though they are punishing you fo not playing the first game. meh
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:06
Regular
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> The Exterminator wrote:
> People always make these threads and the dont get
> past 150 posts,so can
people
> stop making them.

I think this threads
> done well and I think it's better
than people opening new topics on
> individual
MGS 2 queries, Q&A's, Help etc (Not that it stops them-but it is
> a big game, so u can understand)

long live

MGS and Konami!

I agree, I have found this thread informative and helpful so far, well done Neo!
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:05
Regular
Triple_H wrote:
> RM18 wrote:
> Thanks Triple_H

P.s. why do you have Stone Cold's
> catchphrase?

Cause Stone Cold is the top dude. Dont like Triple_H
> particularly....But i always stick with this name. It just sounds better I
> think....

Fair enough, I suppose
Sun 10/03/02 at 09:01
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
what the score with liquid snake and ocelot, has ocelot got liquid snakes arm? (cant remember whether something happened in the first one)
Sat 09/03/02 at 20:52
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The Exterminator wrote:
> People always make these threads and the dont get past 150 posts,so can
people
> stop making them.

I think this threads done well and I think it's better
than people opening new topics on individual
MGS 2 queries, Q&A's, Help etc (Not that it stops them-but it is a big game, so u can understand)

long live

MGS and Konami!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.