GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Travian"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/10/07 at 11:31
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Anybody on the browser game Travian? It's a free online game and basically you turn a small little oasis into the capital of your kingdom - building resource fields, warehouses, barracks etc. You can even form alliances and rage out war with other players.

I'm already part of one of the alliances (90th in the game) and have a lot of power withing (Head Diplomat), so anybody thinking of joining, start up in the south west region of server 4 on the .co.uk version of the site (click)

Just thought it would be a bit of fun we could all take part in. If you do decide to join, just note down your coordinates and name in this thread.

Name hippyman (s4)
Coordinates (-36,-127)

Name Bob_The_Moose
Coords (1, 49) on S5
Page:
Sat 26/04/08 at 10:27
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
tnc, check your messages :p
Fri 25/04/08 at 21:54
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I'm tempted...very tempted...

EDIT: Go on then!

EDIT EDIT: My bowser won't load it tonight...but in the morning I'll sign up.
Fri 25/04/08 at 19:42
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I've been running two accounts at once for a while - I have one on S1 too. But it takes a few months before it starts to become particularly interesting so it's not a big thing to start with. I'm thinking I'll probably dump the S1 account actually.

I'm at (1, 49) on S5 if anyone's interested (Hippy?).
Thu 24/04/08 at 21:14
Regular
I've been speaking to xformo quite a lot about it and apparently it all falls in line with bingo's dreams for a really geographically tight alliance, though the major flaw I pointed out was that there's only so many people who aren't already allied who're gonna join - proved by the fact they haven't gained a single member

I wouldn't mind bringing EFF into 187. but gowdemon and Rasputin aren't good enough at the minute and bingo seems completely opposed to all 187 thanks to the diplomatic finesse of the Flood

As for S5 I can't really be bothered with the hassle of starting again and enduring those agonizing first few days/weeks of next to no resources on server that's the same speed as this one when I find it hard enough to just manage the one account and all is going quite well

Will you be leaving S4 or going for the two accounts at once schoolboy error?

How's squiggle?
Thu 24/04/08 at 20:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Ah, missed that last response.
Interesting how EFF are still tiny.

Is anyone signing up to S5? A few of the old DEAD crew are activating at 5:00pm tomorrow in the NE so I will probably too.
Fri 11/04/08 at 21:35
Regular
I believe he did, but is probably one of those odd ones who remains on the forums or sitting someone to keep in touch with news. Or, of course, he restarted

marcus_u is now in 187. so I'm unsure of what went on there but I remember BORG et al sending a few cata attacks in - not that it was a pasting, just a few pop hits

And as I've mentioned if things don't go well in "~" feel free to mooch on over to 187. with anyone else interested

Can you explain to me why bingo took Rasputin, gowdemon and piggy claiming they are an "elitish" alliance to me yet bringing in some of the worst players from DEAD! who got repeatedly pasted and farmed

Are you attempting to merge with =EFF= or maintain some sort of contact?

edit Also I think I've got to include; what makes you think things will work out this time around in ~, considering it includes a lot of DEAD! and DEAD? but without some of the key members?
Fri 11/04/08 at 21:12
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Yeah.

> the only reason floods
> attack was a major attack was because it was an attack on the
> best player in the whole alliance

The biggest attack we had from 187 was directed at marcus_u and it's really beyond me how he came to the conclusion that marcus_u, who'd been in DEAD! for all of about a week, was our best player.

> and probably about 80% of the
> alliance threw there defensive armies into reinforcements and
> they got wiped,

It's true that Flood wiped out what was there at the time. IIRC Flood attacked about 6:30AM and a follow-up attack on the same village from Tomma arrived about 10 AM by which time it was fairly well reinforced, again.

http://travilog.org.ua/en/7692288/379485d7d4c1cdd4735d8c4b9465d2cf
http://travilog.org.ua/en/6266280/097224b3825646ede5d15479af2e615f
http://travilog.org.ua/en/8375619/8cb56bf5383dd34abab17c7373a9662c

Tomma may disagree that we were 'wiped' and UKInbox's def position should show that we still had quite a few troops left over afterwards.
Far more of our losses occurred as a result of LoM and M than Flood.

> HNIC is an angry, angry young man - good player but you have to
> wonder what's going on in his head half the time
>
> However, being honest, 187 and Flood never asked M to get
> involved against DEAD! which I think the whole post was a
> reaction to (that accusation was there somewhere..)

Yeah the rumour was that they'd been planning it for a while.

> How's things in.. I forget ;P.. " ~ " ?

Ah we're good :p I'm not sure if we're going to get some form of name or something...

Ah the Moussenator... I don't know, I thought he deleted a while back. I could be wrong there.
Fri 11/04/08 at 20:47
Regular
As for anonomouse, I guessed The Moussenator or whatever his name was
Fri 11/04/08 at 20:45
Regular
"M wanted to batter DEAD anyway, the only reason floods attack was a major attack was because it was an attack on the best player in the whole alliance, and probably about 80% of the alliance threw there defensive armies into reinforcements and they got wiped, the majority of dead were being beatup on anyway, the only difference is that 187 decided to roll out a few catas at there villages"

^ That what you were referring to?

HNIC is an angry, angry young man - good player but you have to wonder what's going on in his head half the time

However, being honest, 187 and Flood never asked M to get involved against DEAD! which I think the whole post was a reaction to (that accusation was there somewhere..)

How's things in.. I forget ;P.. " ~ " ?
Fri 11/04/08 at 20:40
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I see the guys on the external forum are as informed as usual. :p

What's up with HNIC... everything he says in the first paragraph in reply #18 of the DEAD thread is factually incorrect and then he accuses "anonomouse"'s sources of being wrong o.O The mind boggles.

I'm not sure who anonomouse is although I could guess, but I'm surprised he didn't mention LoM. As I gather {M} and LoM were working together and while {M} sent a lot of attacks it was LoM's who were hitting the hardest.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.