GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scrolling beat-em-ups"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/03/02 at 11:29
Regular
Are there any (decent) scrolling beat-em-up games for the PS1/2? I miss the days of hitting people round the head with a drain pipe on games like Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Ahh god bless the mega drive.
Wed 06/03/02 at 11:29
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Are there any (decent) scrolling beat-em-up games for the PS1/2? I miss the days of hitting people round the head with a drain pipe on games like Streets of Rage and Final Fight. Ahh god bless the mega drive.
Wed 06/03/02 at 13:49
wrote:
> I guess you haven't seen State of Emergency then ? All the scrolling beatings you could possibly ask for...
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:20
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Try Dynasty Warriors 2. Its quite a good beat em up between massive armies, you can get tons of kills. You can get it quite cheap aswell.
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:22
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
What about waiting for DS3, i like the look of it, although DS2 is damn cheap @ £12.99
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:31
Regular
"360: swfcman"
I have heard that State of emergency is like a scolling beat-em-up. But as havnt played it as its not the type of game i like.

Might be worth a look though.
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:42
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Trouble is i want a game where ya dont caryy guns, ya just walk around throwing chumps at other chumps and picking up iron bars n stuff (dont call me blood thirsty )
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:45
Regular
I think there is also punching and that, and from what i have heard you can pick up just about everything that you see from the floor.

You could rent it first i suppose.
Wed 06/03/02 at 14:48
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
Good idea!
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:31
Regular
"Thongs of Praise"
OK so i geuss there arnt really any games of this type on the PS2 but what about the PS1?
Wed 06/03/02 at 15:33
Regular
You could buy tekken 3. That has a scrolling beat-em-up mini game on it.

Might only last an hour though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.