GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WORLDS LONGEST THREAD:- GAME IDEADS AND RETRO GAMES FORUM"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 18:27
Regular
Just use this as a little chat room. :-D
Page:
Fri 04/06/04 at 23:54
Regular
Hi!
Fri 04/06/04 at 22:02
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Hello?

*hears echo*

*leaves*
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Fifa 98 was the last good iteration before 2003.. and i didn't even like that as much :)
yup, fifa 98 and redcard are rare footy games that are quite fun to play as things don't happen 20 minutes after you press the button....
Sun 23/05/04 at 20:03
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
For football games, you don't get much easier than FIFA 98. You can get your goalkeeper to run the length of the pitch and score from 20 yards out with ease, because no-one attempts a tackle due to various settings on rules that only really apply in at the other end of the pitch. Dribbling, shooting and passing all damn easy.
Sun 23/05/04 at 19:20
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Speaking of old games, I just completed World Cup Italia 90 on the Megadrive. So easy and so much fun. :)
Sun 23/05/04 at 12:38
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Random idea for someone who has never played Half-Life before or hasn't played for many years:

How about playing it backwards?

So you would start on Blue Shift, then Opposing Force and then finally the original Half-Life. I know it will probably work best the right order, but surely this will work equally as good.

Starting on Blue Shift as the security guard. You get to see security cameras at the very beginning of the game with pictures of Freeman on them. But as you haven't played the first one yet, it still remains a mystery to you who he is. Then later on in the game you talk to a scientist, Rosenburg, I think his name is and he tells you a little about the military going after some scientist called Freeman. But you still have no idea who this guy is. Also near the beginning of the game you hear of a Corporal named Shepherd...

Then secondly you play Opposing Force as the military. Throughout the game the scientist, Freeman is mentioned and one of your aims the General gives you is to find and kill Freeman. But as you haven't played the first one before you wouldn't know what all the fuss is about over one scientist. Surely you should be going out there to get all of them, not just one?

Then finally you play as Freeman in the original Half-Life. All becomes clear and you get to meet the Security guards and the military a long the way. You hear of Shepherd and Barney, the security guard.

So.. would this work, or is it still best to play it in the correct order?

If I had the option I would probably go with the original order of play because the quality increases as it goes, but what do you think?
Sat 22/05/04 at 19:45
Regular
wasn't streets of rage on the megadrive a cool game? The two bosses at a time was great and the co op mode ruled. Ireally enjoyed this game. Although i was abit disillusioned when i got to the last level on easy mode. Beat the final boss and was then told to go back to level 6 and play the game on normal difficulty. How dumb is that. why offer easy mode if it does not allow you to complete the game. All the same this was one of my favourite retro games. Also who could forget such titles as the lion king and spiderman? They rocked to =+)
Sat 08/05/04 at 16:58
Regular
Silën† Thundêr wrote:
> Excellent. :S

Is it?
Fri 07/05/04 at 22:01
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
That counted as 4 words. Excellent. :S
Fri 07/05/04 at 21:58
Regular
Well, here's 3 words.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.