GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh no !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 16:48
Regular
So over the past few weeks I've been shouting to all and sundry on here (including the Nintendo guys who live here) that the Xbox is the best console ever, and maybe it is, but ....well I played Project Gotham yesterday - the first time I've ever played any Xbox game, before I'd only watched people. It looks ace, it plays well, but it started a sinking feeling in me. First thought ? "I've already sold my Playstation 2 and games...." Second ? "Is this worth £300 plus all the other cash I've saved?"

Now before playing on it the first wouldnt have worried me, the second wouldnt have either. Then it got worse. I played the FFX demo this morning, and the sinking feeling got worse. Then, just to make things even worse I played the MGS2 demo (yes Im the one person who'd never played it yet). Then, the final nail, read a few things at work.

Tomorrow I'm going down to Dixons and cancelling - which should be fun in intself - and then I'm going into the bank, getting all that cash, and buying another Playstation 2, it may not be as pretty graphically, but it has staying power and FFX. Halo sold me the Xbox, but FFX and MGS2 have convinced me enough to return to Sony. I've wasted a lot of money - but at least I get to start again with all new games ! I still think Xbox is a great console, with killer launch games, and Buffy :((I'll never get it now waahhh!) but I have this bad feeling.........
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:52
Regular
I think your doing the right thing

*goes to get Samaritains application form*
Sun 03/03/02 at 16:48
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
So over the past few weeks I've been shouting to all and sundry on here (including the Nintendo guys who live here) that the Xbox is the best console ever, and maybe it is, but ....well I played Project Gotham yesterday - the first time I've ever played any Xbox game, before I'd only watched people. It looks ace, it plays well, but it started a sinking feeling in me. First thought ? "I've already sold my Playstation 2 and games...." Second ? "Is this worth £300 plus all the other cash I've saved?"

Now before playing on it the first wouldnt have worried me, the second wouldnt have either. Then it got worse. I played the FFX demo this morning, and the sinking feeling got worse. Then, just to make things even worse I played the MGS2 demo (yes Im the one person who'd never played it yet). Then, the final nail, read a few things at work.

Tomorrow I'm going down to Dixons and cancelling - which should be fun in intself - and then I'm going into the bank, getting all that cash, and buying another Playstation 2, it may not be as pretty graphically, but it has staying power and FFX. Halo sold me the Xbox, but FFX and MGS2 have convinced me enough to return to Sony. I've wasted a lot of money - but at least I get to start again with all new games ! I still think Xbox is a great console, with killer launch games, and Buffy :((I'll never get it now waahhh!) but I have this bad feeling.........

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.