GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh no !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 16:48
Regular
So over the past few weeks I've been shouting to all and sundry on here (including the Nintendo guys who live here) that the Xbox is the best console ever, and maybe it is, but ....well I played Project Gotham yesterday - the first time I've ever played any Xbox game, before I'd only watched people. It looks ace, it plays well, but it started a sinking feeling in me. First thought ? "I've already sold my Playstation 2 and games...." Second ? "Is this worth £300 plus all the other cash I've saved?"

Now before playing on it the first wouldnt have worried me, the second wouldnt have either. Then it got worse. I played the FFX demo this morning, and the sinking feeling got worse. Then, just to make things even worse I played the MGS2 demo (yes Im the one person who'd never played it yet). Then, the final nail, read a few things at work.

Tomorrow I'm going down to Dixons and cancelling - which should be fun in intself - and then I'm going into the bank, getting all that cash, and buying another Playstation 2, it may not be as pretty graphically, but it has staying power and FFX. Halo sold me the Xbox, but FFX and MGS2 have convinced me enough to return to Sony. I've wasted a lot of money - but at least I get to start again with all new games ! I still think Xbox is a great console, with killer launch games, and Buffy :((I'll never get it now waahhh!) but I have this bad feeling.........
Mon 04/03/02 at 11:05
Regular
"699 days!"
adrian wrote:
> All you got to ask yourself are the games you want X-Box or PS2 exclusive. If
> you really want MGS2, FFX, GTA3, GT3 e.t.c. then get a PS2. But if you want
> Halo, PGR, DOA3, Amped, JSRF, Buffy e.t.c. then get the X-Box.

If your
> interested in games like THPS3, SSX Tricky e.t.c. that are on all 3 consoles or
> on PS2 and X-Box then decide, on which you want.

Why choose? If you really like games, then there is no need to choose a company and stick to it like a zealot. The true gaming enthusiast isn't the one who picks a company and snubs another no matter how good its games are, it is the gamer who realises all consoles have good games and it is definitely worth nabbing them.
I'm not saying that everyone is rich or something, but there arew ways to spread the payment, SR and Ebay have good prices... if you really like games then if you search around you will get good deals on price.
Sun 03/03/02 at 23:18
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Plus once your at home you can learn the controls of the games better too. On these demos you only get a quick glance and then your thrown into the game.

I read the Amped review in the official magazine and they explained the controls. To look at them, I would never have guessed them while playing on the demo. Like pushing in the analogue to jump if I remember right.

If you want a PS2, why not get the X-Box now and get another PS2 when they come down in price a bit and pick up MGS2 with it. It just seems a bit silly to lose all this money and end up with the same console and less games.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
All you got to ask yourself are the games you want X-Box or PS2 exclusive. If you really want MGS2, FFX, GTA3, GT3 e.t.c. then get a PS2. But if you want Halo, PGR, DOA3, Amped, JSRF, Buffy e.t.c. then get the X-Box.

If your interested in games like THPS3, SSX Tricky e.t.c. that are on all 3 consoles or on PS2 and X-Box then decide, on which you want.

Personnally I would'nt cancel your order as playing games in stores isnt the best way. Your standing up, people are queing up behind you, some making remarkes e.t.c. Wait till you can get it home and play on it sitting on a nice sofa e.t.c.
Sun 03/03/02 at 22:22
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Wondering if Belldandy well end up regreting the decision on March 13th when everyone is about to pick up their console. Might be best to really think about what you want mate, don't just run in cause you've played a couple of demos.

Remember you'll be missing games like Halo, Unreal Championship, Wreckless, etc.
FFX will no doubt be good, but think of the RPG's on X-Box such as Project Ego and Star Wars : Knight of the old republic.

If you want to go back to the PS2 then fine, but make sure its what you want cause your going to lose a lot of money on this so make sure your buying what you really want.
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:54
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Actually Outlaw, I didn't want to correct, you but the version of Metal Gear for XBox was in fact MGSX, not MGS2X as you wrote!!! :o)
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:30
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I'm pretty sure but I wouldn't trust me if I was you - I seem to get everything wrong (just ask GpotterUK and Adrian)!!

Outlaw
Sun 03/03/02 at 19:29
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
Woah! Radical move man. Cancelling because you got a "bad feeling" after playing Project Gotham??? Minds work in strange ways!

Thinking psychologically, you will not be happy with your PS2 when you get it again because of a) the money you lost and b) the great games on XBox you'll lose out on (or play inferior versions of)!!
Sun 03/03/02 at 18:08
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Thought Konami hadn't made any official announcement accroding to XGamer magazine ?
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:56
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Haven't you heard of MGS2X coming out on the X-Box - yes an X-Box version of Metal Gear Solid 2. Final Fantasy 10 is okay, but it depends on your preference - RPG's to Action etc. If I was you I wouldn't buy another PS2, but I'm not you - so do whatever you like!!

Ssy hi to the PS2 forum from me,
Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 17:33
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Awwwwwww, so your off to choose between which PS2 gang your gonna join out the Crew and the Cronies now ?

Thats the thing with new games, you play them and get all in the mood for them. ;-) My PS2 is on the border of being traded in at the moment. MGS2 might just save it cause I really like the PS1 game.

For me it comes down to either going for an X-Box, extra controller, Halo and DOA3. Or I can get rid of the PS2 and games and get what I just mentioned along with another 2 controllers, Project Gothem, Blood Wake, Amped, link cable and advanced scart lead.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.