GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ratchet & Clank - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 13:45
Regular
I bought Jak & Daxter last Christmas and loved it to bits. Am I right in thinking the above game is made by the same team? Who's played it? Any good? Worth buying?

Honest opinions great valued. :)
Sun 01/12/02 at 15:08
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I wasn't too impressed by the demo. I thought it was pretty poor. Like most games I play these days actually.
Sun 01/12/02 at 14:03
Regular
Have you ever played it?
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:55
Regular
"Max Power"
i dont think r & c is any good
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:53
Regular
Its not the same team, but thats not a bad thing. Naughty Dog were responsible for Jak and Daxter, whilst Ratchet and Clank are from, erm, memoryloss has just got me. I think its Insomniac Games, but I`ll have to check.

Anyway, Ratchet and Clank is a massive improvement over Jak and Daxter. Where the J and D had a limited number of moves, Ratchet and Clank come equipped with a huge array of weapons, devices, gadgets and general spinny things. As you go through the game, you can buy more and more, turning yourself into a living gadget.

The levels, amazingly, seem even bigger. Although Jak and Daxter had the "go anywhere from anywhere" advantage, it was still basically a series of levels spread out for you to visit as the game went on, so Ratchet and Clank despite its clearly set levels feels much larger. You travel from planet to planet exploring each area, trying out new moves and devices, learning from the locals, whilst finding out more and more about the eeeevil genius tearing through the galaxy.

I haven`t got round to doing a full review yet as I`ve been too busy on Vice City, but I can tell you that PSM2 gave Jak and Daxter 85, and then Ratchet and Clank 91. From what I`ve played so far, I`d agree with that, but there is a way to go in Ratchet and Clank before I can say for certain.

Not meaning to drop him in it, but Wookiee Monster also has this game. He is in a similar position to me, having been on Vice City more than Ratchet and Clank, but it may have started it properly by now, so if he happens to come into this topic he might be able to provide another opinion.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:50
they used the same kind of software i think to make it.
i played it at sr and i have to say its better than jak and daxter.
its full of monsters, puzzles, things to collect and a whole lot more. if you liked j & d i'd say buy it.
Sun 01/12/02 at 13:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
I bought Jak & Daxter last Christmas and loved it to bits. Am I right in thinking the above game is made by the same team? Who's played it? Any good? Worth buying?

Honest opinions great valued. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.