GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ratchet & Clank - any good?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/12/02 at 13:45
Regular
I bought Jak & Daxter last Christmas and loved it to bits. Am I right in thinking the above game is made by the same team? Who's played it? Any good? Worth buying?

Honest opinions great valued. :)
Mon 02/12/02 at 22:23
Ive not played any of the demos, i dont want to spoil it for when i do play it, and i dont need to play a demo, i know im going to like this game anyway from what ive seen and read.
Mon 02/12/02 at 22:22
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Ratchet & Clank is basically a cross between Banjo, Mario, and Crash Bandicoot. it's fairly good, but highly unoriginal. i wouldn't buy it myself.
Mon 02/12/02 at 21:07
Regular
I'm getting it for Christmas. It sounds even better now.

I've been playing the demo, at first I thought it was rubbish but know I've found it's very good, I'm looking forward to it.
Sun 01/12/02 at 22:12
Im getting this game soon, its had many merits from users on here and many mags that i have read. I loved Jak and Daxter so if this game comes anywhere close to that game then it will be superb in my mind.

Looking forward to this game.
Sun 01/12/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Shut up ssx has lots of well written posts unlike yours which are just random words put together to try and say something that hasn't any evidence to back it up.
Sun 01/12/02 at 20:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
Bah, you don't need long ssxpro posts. You need short El Blokey posts:

It's long, it's pretty, it's involving, it's fun. Buy it.
Sun 01/12/02 at 20:33
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> Not meaning to drop him in it, but Wookiee Monster also has this game.
> He is in a similar position to me, having been on Vice City more than
> Ratchet and Clank, but it may have started it properly by now, so if
> he happens to come into this topic he might be able to provide another
> opinion.

Indeed I have started playing it properly. Well, to be honest, I got Vice City and Ratchet & Clank from SR on the same day. I put R&C on first because I figured I'd be on VC for a long time. But I was on R&C for four hours - it's a fantastic game.

I was on VC for a week solid, but have gone back to R&C and not touched VC for a good few days. Ratchet & Clank is fantastic, and definitley one of my top 5 PS2 games of all time - and definitely the top platformer on PS2.
Sun 01/12/02 at 19:59
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Thanks for the input peeps (particularly ssxpro). Looks like there's more platforming action to be had by me this year. :)
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:04
I've played the demo it's ok but seems a little babyish.
Sun 01/12/02 at 17:00
Regular
I think it is a great game i still haven't completed it and have had it since release the puzzles are pretty hard and the monsters can be hard to defeat. I think it's better than Jak and Daxter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.