GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Pets win Prizes?" or does Swearing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 13:39
Regular
Im pretty sure that i read somewhere on SR that people that swear cant win GAD after they have done this, so i thought fair enough i wont even mention any minro swearing in my threads just incase, but i dont see how this can be true. Im not picking on just half pint but in his piracy thread he swears harshly twice with strong language and he has done it before but still he brings home a GAD or FAD regularly - so am i supposed to swear to win GAD or are you guys not bothered by it? Whats your opinion People and What do you have to say about this SR staff? BTW i must point out im not trying to be rude to the SR staff or discriminating HP but it just happens all the time and i just wanna know whats goin on?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:28
"period drama"
Too right Edgy.

It shows the lack of intellegance to think of anything usefull to say, so their tiny brains just blurt out a load of obscene language.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:27
Regular
"Bah"
thats exactly how i feel edgy - weve agreed on something!
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:24
Regular
Regular wrote:
how old are
> you that you have to resort to this to make yourself popular?

Swearing doesn't make anyone popular, it just shows a lack of intelligence to think of any other words to put in place of searing.

(That's not directed at anyone, it's my opinion on swearing)
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:23
"period drama"
It's a bit stupid just trying to trick the filters. You might get banned for it, afterall.

And it harldly takes a whole truck of braincells to think up a original insult, now does it?

And the filter stops you using words in their proper sense.
You can't say,

1) The knife was covered in blood: it was a bl**dy knife
2) My dog is a bi**h
3) one of my friends is a b**tard child.

for example
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:20
Regular
"Bah"
i just tried to type in s * * t (no gaps and it cam up as it cant post with a filter?? So how on earth did you actually swear in your topic when it wont even let me not swear????
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Bah"
Well i know they filter the F word and everyone swears from time to time butin your latest post you have S--t and another one at the top - i mean how old are you that you have to resort to this to make yourself popular?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:17
Regular
I agree with 1/2 pint there.

I have seen á and ú used to replace certain letters in filtered words recently though (it'll probably take me ages to find them mind) but on rare occasions, but one of my friends was banned for 'beating' the filter system like that, so I can't see why users who do it now don't get the same treatment.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:15
Regular
"¬_¬"
If you notice, trying to say the f word will result in the filter taking place. They let 'crap' past the filter for a reason (maybe). I only say words which aren't filtered, which obviously means SR don't mind if I use them. Also, if you look at my winning contributions, I haven't sworn at all in them. You don't win if you swear, you're just being naive.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Bah"
hehe someone replies to my thread -but its a bit stupid isnt it that if a newbie swears once he/she gets banned but a regular can get away with pretty much everything and gets loads of warnings before a ban?
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:09
Regular
Didn't you hear?

As long as the member has got lots of friends on this board, it is ok for that member to swear and insult others as much as he or she likes.

It's one of those "unwritten" rules that everyone seems to be following these days.

Surely there should be a BBFC rating for the forums now swearing is allowed? Some American websites have ESRB ratings!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.