GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Pets win Prizes?" or does Swearing?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/03/02 at 13:39
Regular
Im pretty sure that i read somewhere on SR that people that swear cant win GAD after they have done this, so i thought fair enough i wont even mention any minro swearing in my threads just incase, but i dont see how this can be true. Im not picking on just half pint but in his piracy thread he swears harshly twice with strong language and he has done it before but still he brings home a GAD or FAD regularly - so am i supposed to swear to win GAD or are you guys not bothered by it? Whats your opinion People and What do you have to say about this SR staff? BTW i must point out im not trying to be rude to the SR staff or discriminating HP but it just happens all the time and i just wanna know whats goin on?
Sun 03/03/02 at 15:12
Regular
Outlaw, you're saying more than enough for someone to take action against you on this board, swearing or no swearing.
Sun 03/03/02 at 15:08
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Sun 03/03/02 at 15:01
Regular
"¬_¬"
Regular wrote:
> you shouldnt need a filter to contoll the language and there are pleant of wayd
> of getting around the filter any way so dont give me that waffle

I won't.
a) Its my waffle and I am going to eat it
b) You're too far away to give it to you

Heh.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:59
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Waffles? Did someone say Waffles?! YES, it was REGULAR!!!
Hahahahaha...

Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:58
Regular
Again I agree with 1/2 pint there, it is dufficult to control everything.

But I do know when and where it is or isn't appropriate to swear.

Infact, I am actually in support of 1/2 pint's swearing in his piracy topic.

For a start, young kids aren't exactly going to try and read all that, secondly, pirates are what 1/2 pint said!
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:55
Regular
"¬_¬"
I don't swear because the filter allows it. I don't swear because I think I'm 'ard. You are making these accusations to try and be clever or to try and get respect. And how old are you? I find it laughable that there is a 20 year old who can't write capital letters at the beginning of a sentence.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:53
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
I wrote:
> Yeah shut up Regular you fat bell end - whoops.

---

So do I win a GAD now? A FAD will do - I'm not picky.

Outlaw.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:52
Regular
"¬_¬"
Point number 1:

If you want to protect the small, fragile little kiddywinks who are exposed to my terrible vulgar swearing (?), then you might as well censor your lives. Shrek is playing on the computer next to me, and its a U right? Well Donkey just said damn (!!! shock horror)
And in PGs, there is swearing!!!
And in the Harry Potter movie, Ron says bloody!!!
Kids are exposed to swearing, sex and violence everyday. You can't censor everything

Point number 2:

If I'm a child trying to be hard, and you're an adult, Regular, how come
* I can write properly, spell properly, and put up and decent argument against everyone
* I'm not acting hard (thats the strange one)
* I'm not a child
* I doubt you're an adult; adults can spell, and adults understand punctuation.

I find it amusing that you think that it is my fault that these forums allow me to swear. Swearing appears in everything; movies, TV, music, billboards, books, magazines. The book I'm reading at the moment says the f word in it, and anybody can buy it, right.

Look, I'm really getting aggravated by your extreme cynicism. Trying to plomp the blame on my head is just stupid. I don't put on masks on the internet, I don't act hard, I don't make false accusations, or statements. I am who I am, and if you don't like that I suggest you go stick your head down a toilet or something.

In fact, just to please your royal majesty who has come out of the blue to accuse me, I won't swear ever again. I promise.

For crying out loud...
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:48
Regular
I'm not taking it out on anyone.

Though you should know better than to use other variations of words which are blocked by the filter.
Sun 03/03/02 at 14:47
Regular
"Bah"
you shouldnt need a filter to contoll the language and there are pleant of wayd of getting around the filter any way so dont give me that waffle

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.