GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 18:45
Regular
Hi everyone, x-box sucks
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:10
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Die_adam wrote:
> thing with a pc is, u can keep upgrading it until there r no more upgrades
> available, yet consoles r easy 2 use so they'll always b bought

Well, you obviously don't understand the point of a console.

The point of a console is that you have one standard machine that you will never need to upgrade in a 5 year lifetime. All games you buy for the machine will work, and you never have to "upgrade" to be able to play a game.

This is exactly what casual, and indeed hardcore, gamers like about consoles. Rather than pay up to £500 every 5 years to have your PC upgraded to play games, with consoles you don't have to worry about installing games and upgrading- you just have to buy a new console for £300 every 5 years.

Of course, PC games do have their role amoung the elite- genres like FPS and RTS games just can't be made as well on consoles. However, many of the genres that used to be the attraction of the PC are now done better on consoles.

Add to this the fact that many developers are now switching from PCs to consoles (at the Develop! confernence, the cheif speach was my Peter Molyneux on why he had dropped PC games altogether!), and you see that your point about "Xbox sux" are making no sense.

Oh, and good point about there being more games than on any console... however, in terms of how many games are released a month, consoles have massively overtaken PC games.

Sonic
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:08
AliBoy wrote:
> Blah.
Pointless, ohh and hello

hi, what is pointless?
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:05
ok, sorry
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:03
ok, pc's hav been around since 1960's ish. If u got all the pc games that ever existed and put them in one room, i can tell u it would b way bigger that a room with all the x-box games in it
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:02
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Blah.
Pointless, ohh and hello
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:01
Regular
Die_adam wrote:
> thing with a pc is, u can keep upgrading it until there r no more upgrades
> available, yet consoles r easy 2 use so they'll always b bought

i have nothing against ypu but please leave out the unneccessary abbreviations next time
Sat 02/03/02 at 18:59
thing with a pc is, u can keep upgrading it until there r no more upgrades available, yet consoles r easy 2 use so they'll always b bought
Sat 02/03/02 at 18:57
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Die_adam wrote:
> Hi everyone, x-box sucks

idiot.

Now, if you'll qualify why the Xbox is worse than a good PC in terms of GAMES (after all, true gamers only look at games, not console specs), then I will qualify why you are an idiot. deal?

Sonic
Sat 02/03/02 at 18:55
i class a good pc as

1.0 GHz processer
20 Gb HD
256 RAM
128 K modem
etc etc.

ok?
Sat 02/03/02 at 18:54
Regular
"Being Ignorant"
Everyone's judging the Xbox so much.

Just stop it!

PSX, PS2, N64 etc... they all didn't have great launch titles or peripherals, but now look how well they progressed?!

You must all learn to look ahead - look at the future!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.