GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 18:45
Regular
Hi everyone, x-box sucks
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:58
well said and yes I will try and not write in text speak.

I've played half-life at my mates house, and opposing force, they are both amazing games! If you haven't got it, go, run, GET IT NOW!
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:54
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:

Well, you obviously don't understand the point of a console.

The
> point of a console is that you have one standard machine that you will never
> need to upgrade in a 5 year lifetime. All games you buy for the machine will
> work, and you never have to "upgrade" to be able to play a game.
>

Surely a 5-year lifetime is optimistic at best for a console? The N64 hasn't been out that long, and the dreamcast even less.

You also seem to be missing the other main attractions of buying a game for a PC. Mods, for example, can increase the longevity of a game substantially more than the game itself (half-life, anyone?) - and a game can be easily updated to add extra features; something that their cousin games on consoles cannot.

Also, keep in mind the prices of PC games. Whilst PS2 games retail at £40 or thereabouts, PC games rarely range about £30.

Please understand that I respect consoles for what they are - they do have superior 'immediate' multi-player functions. I just like PCs more.

And stop talking in txt-spk, Mr Die_Adam. Please.
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:46
right....ok.....anyway anyone here played Deus ex?
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:44
Die_adam wrote:
> i hate it how everyone hates bill gates, what has he dont to deserve it, i mean,
> is it because he's rich, is it just pure jealosy? Microsoft is misjudged to, but
> i can assure that most of you with hav windows on your pc, you can hate it as
> much as to boycott it, so why complain about it?

So bill gates is your enemy, but here news for you nearly half of Britan hate him. And another thing don't mess with the X-box because it will bring another level in our gameplayer skills.
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:41
sorry, it's a habit
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:41
i have played an x-box actually
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:40
i hate it how everyone hates bill gates, what has he dont to deserve it, i mean, is it because he's rich, is it just pure jealosy? Microsoft is misjudged to, but i can assure that most of you with hav windows on your pc, you can hate it as much as to boycott it, so why complain about it?
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:37
Die_adam wrote:
> The people player wrote:
> you are a nutcase! X-box don'est not suck, why
> because your a fool!

why don't it suck?

have you played a X-box, touch a X-box, feel the power of the X-box because if you ain't then your reason are a fault!
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:36
hi, what games do you like?
Sat 02/03/02 at 19:35
Regular
Hello

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.