GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"First Person Shooter on the cube ? ? ? ?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/03/02 at 14:26
Regular
Hi again,

I have heard some rumours about 3 games that might be coming to the cube. The reason I'm writing it on here is to see if anyone else has heard the same as me or if they have anymore information on it, I would be grateful to hear it.

1) C&C RENEGADE - this game has only just been released on the PC and looks a great game. A couple of weeks back I saw an article on Cube-Europe and it said that Westwood will be working/ are working on a project for the cube. Renegade might be that project...let's hope so!

2) MEDAL OF HONOR - the reason I put this game down is the fact that my brother said he saw an article in NGC I think it was. It showed screenshots of MOH and an article about it coming to the cube. I haven't seen it myself so I was wondering if anyone else saw it?

3)007 RARE (don't know the title) - I heard recently that RARE are producing a new James Bond title for the cube. Thats all I know, any other info would be great.

Thanks for your time and I would like to hear what you lot think of these games.

Cheers

SINFIELD
Wed 13/03/02 at 10:34
Regular
"BOSE"
i got that in the 1st place. i dunno if the new bond film'll b an exclusive or not on the GC. i aint bothered :)
i'm getting my XBOX 2morrow morning :)

u lot stick 2 ur subsitute GC at a puney £165 :)
the N64 cost more than that even when it'd been out 4 months!
Tue 12/03/02 at 15:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Did we say 007 Game on 2 formats????
We've been saying that the possibilities of a new Bond game appearing as a GAMECUBE EXCLUSIVE are very high as Rare (Ninty's no.1 developers) still hold the rights to Pierce Brosnan's face, even if EA have the Bond game rights and their bond looks like Brosnan!

Hmmmmmm.......Agent Under Fire was basically made up and not taken from a film like Goldeneye. And Pierce Brosnan is the actor who plays James Bond these days.
Piece the puzzle together and you'll see that as Brosnan is the star, Rare could be set to unleash a new 007 game, based on the new film!!

See the possibilities now???
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:37
Regular
"BOSE"
i 4got 2 mention. PS2'll have MOH: Frontline and MOH: Fiter Command. i think they're different sotries intirely
Tue 12/03/02 at 12:35
Regular
"BOSE"
i look 4 in depth stories etc on a site i know. the only James Bond game coming 2 the GC's James Bond in agent under fire. which'll b on XBOX and is already on PS2. MOH: Allied Assult aint coming 2 the GC. i was interested in u lot talking about a Bond film in production and then coming 2 consoles :)
it'll prob b better than Agent Under Fire cause it'll b based on a film

p.s- i'm getting an XBOX but i thought i'd pass by ;)
i can't wait another day and a bit. how the hell can u wait a month or so? :S
Mon 11/03/02 at 22:18
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Seeing as EA published Medal of Honour: Allied Assault on the PC and having shown good support for GC, the chances of MoH are quite high!
Mon 11/03/02 at 15:51
YES, but not to piece brsnan's face!

RARE own the rights and have kept them for some reason.

Unless rare are to bring out a game about Dantes Peak!

It's a possibilty, I think that there will be one on the 20th 007 film currently in production. No news on the game as yet.

It's only a rumor.

SINFIELD
Mon 11/03/02 at 14:16
I doubt Renegade and Medal of Honour will be coming to GCN, its very unlikely. As for a James Bond game made by RARE it is a complete lie, Electronic Arts own the rights to make the Bond games.
Sat 09/03/02 at 13:29
"penguins in hawaii?"
Yeah, that would be cool! Shame 007 and PDzero aren't coming out for a while though. Oh well, we will just have to wait! (again) :(
Sat 09/03/02 at 12:51
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Nah, cuz of PDZero the new 007 game wouldn't come out untill summer-late 2003 at least! I also think we'd be lucky enough if development started on it in spring on 2003.

And as for MoH, that is being developed for the X-box, and it's also quite likely to appear on PS2, and maybe even GameCube!! I'd love to have it one my future GC!
Sat 09/03/02 at 12:22
I can see Medal of Honor coming on the cube aswell, I think it will also have ports on the PS2 and Xbox.

Reneagade might come out on the cube as there was talk of Westwood poroducing a game for the cube. They have just announced a new game called C&C generals, but I can see them releasing a FPS than a RTS.

As for the RARE 007 game, I think that because RARE have the rights to piece's face, and cos Goldeneye was so successful, They would be stupid not to produce a new 007 title! I think there will be 007 game coming out in early 2003 at the earliest

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.