GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metal Gear Solid 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/03/02 at 18:19
Regular
Only one week to go till the official uk release of this much anticipated sequal. Ive pre-ordered it and cant wait. How many of u have done likewise and how many of u are waiting for the reviews?
Tue 05/03/02 at 11:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Knowing Kojima there's probably an Easter Egg type reward if you manage to read all 500 of them. But then again, maybe there isn't and his twisted sense of humour has got the better of him.
Tue 05/03/02 at 11:42
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
FantasyMeister wrote:
> I think even with MGS1 there were about 11 screens full of preceeding
> history. For MGS2 they probably included that as well has the MGS1 history as
> well, making it about, erm, dunno, I'd guess about 20 pages?

I'm serious - over 500 screens. Don't make the same mistake as I did. Just start playing it. I should finally get a chance to actually have a game of it tomorrow night. Can't wait!
Tue 05/03/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I don't care what anyone says abt MGS, I wouldn't even put a topic out on it, simply because I enjoy the game and like the way sony innovatively produced a game which will dominate the market.

I buy games because I think they are the type I will like and
If you dont enjoy that kind of game, then try something else?

or why not rent it out or play the demo to see if *you* like it or not, because everyone has an opinion abt games.
Tue 05/03/02 at 10:48
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Well I'm one of those that isn't planning on buying it !.

I played MGS on Playstation and although I enjoyed it the game didn't last long enough, I know you could play through again etc but it's still the same game.

I have read alot of feedback from people in the states who are saying, yes it is a good game but there are too many cut scenes and the game itself is again too short.

I will wait to see what sort of feedback appears here after some sensible UK gamers have played it and then probably rent it for a weekend !
Tue 05/03/02 at 10:36
Regular
I think even with MGS1 there were about 11 screens full of preceeding history.

For MGS2 they probably included that as well has the MGS1 history as well, making it about, erm, dunno, I'd guess about 20 pages? I haven't seen it yet because I DON'T GET AN EARLY COPY LIKE SOME PEOPLE WHO JUST HAPPEN TO WORK AT A GAME RETAIL OUTLET BAH.

Lucky Loki :-)
Tue 05/03/02 at 10:30
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
I tried playing MGS2 last night, but not having played the first game (and being told there were some major plot twists) I thought I'd check out the Previous Story section on the disc.

Oh my God. I could have completed the first game quicker. I'm sure the only real criticism of MGS1 was that it was too short, so how come I just read through around 500 screens of text to find out what happened. Ridiculous. By the time I finished it was gone midnight and all will to play the game had evaporated.

It's nice to see a game which gives it's plot some thought (Max Payne recently impressed me for remembering to bother will telling a compelling story) but surely there are limits?
Tue 05/03/02 at 08:21
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Salvatore wrote:
> its now 4 day until MGS2 is out,come on hurry up!

Not for me (I hope). I could end up picking mine up tomorrow from my independant ;)
Tue 05/03/02 at 08:12
Although the demo was impressive, I still haven't pre-ordered it. Think I'll wait for reviews. Will be interesting to see how long (once completed) a playing lifespan people think it has.

Was recommended Devil May Cry, however, this title got on my t!ts after a while! Can't imagine too many going back again and again to complete that one; those marionette geezers were just annoying!

Oh and RM18 - can you please tell us again how you're getting MGS2, I've forgotten! hehe

Cheers
Tue 05/03/02 at 02:49
Regular
Just to whet your appetite, here's the link for the official MGS2 European website:-

http://www.metalgearsolid2.de/site/auswahl.html
Tue 05/03/02 at 02:18
its now 4 day until MGS2 is out,come on hurry up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.