GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo Tournaments"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/02/02 at 15:17
Regular
I wonder if there are any of us with X-Boxes that live in pretty close quarters. If so maybe we could organise LAN games of Halo. They are doing this sort of thing over in America, with forums on this type of subject.

Me and my friend are both getting launch X-Boxes, and have shared the cost of the link cable.

I also read somewhere in the Offical X-Box mag that they may try and organise LAN games.
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:17
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I wonder if there are any of us with X-Boxes that live in pretty close quarters. If so maybe we could organise LAN games of Halo. They are doing this sort of thing over in America, with forums on this type of subject.

Me and my friend are both getting launch X-Boxes, and have shared the cost of the link cable.

I also read somewhere in the Offical X-Box mag that they may try and organise LAN games.
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
I live in Berkshire if thats any help....
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:20
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
16 player Halo would be amazing it's just down to someone or somepeople having the facilities to hold that many T.V's and all those X-Box's.

Outlaw.

And I live in good 'ol Hampshire.
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> 16 player Halo would be amazing it's just down to someone or somepeople having
> the facilities to hold that many T.V's and all those X-Box's.

You can only link up 4 X-Boxes, and have 4 players on each machine.

Anyway I live in Worcestershire.
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:43
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
That's why online Halo sounds even more appealing.

Outlaw.
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:53
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> That's why online Halo sounds even more appealing.

Outlaw.

If you have broadband internet you can use Halo online right away.
Thu 28/02/02 at 18:01
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
That'll be really cool - come on 1st of April!!

Outlaw
Thu 28/02/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> That'll be really cool - come on 1st of April!!

Outlaw

Why 1st of April, you getting broadband?
Thu 28/02/02 at 18:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
adrian wrote:
If you have broadband internet you can use Halo online
> right away.

Apart from you need a PC (obviously thats no problem) and one of those network hub things...am I right ?
Thu 28/02/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> adrian wrote:
If you have broadband internet you can use Halo online
>
> right away.

Apart from you need a PC (obviously thats no problem) and one of
> those network hub things...am I right ?

Yes you need a PC with a network card. A hub and an X-Box and a link cable. I dont know if you would be able to use a 56k modem or ISDN, as there could be a connection rate limit. If you could use these then you would be at a disadvantage. So broadband may be the only way.

So you connect the broadband to the HUB, the X-Box to the HUB and the PC to the HUB. You then download the proper software from gamespy, and just login. Then you go on to a LAN game on Halo and the software on the PC, makes the X-box think its playing a LAN game. But in reality the data is going over the internet, and the players could be over the other side of the world.

I have a mate who has a HUB, ISDN and a network card. I will see if I can try it out at his house to see whether a 64K ISDN connection actually works.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.