GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Halo Tournaments"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/02/02 at 15:17
Regular
I wonder if there are any of us with X-Boxes that live in pretty close quarters. If so maybe we could organise LAN games of Halo. They are doing this sort of thing over in America, with forums on this type of subject.

Me and my friend are both getting launch X-Boxes, and have shared the cost of the link cable.

I also read somewhere in the Offical X-Box mag that they may try and organise LAN games.
Sat 02/03/02 at 20:40
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
mmmmmmmmmmm.......teats.........

Er, anyway, yeah broadband is great. :-)))
Sat 02/03/02 at 15:43
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
The good thing about broadband on a console is that with it all games are optimised for those specifications (of the X-Box) - resulting in a gaming utopia being suckled from Microsoft's fertile teat...

Outlaw
Sat 02/03/02 at 13:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, got an update on the Telewest thing. Apparently they will be supporting the X-Box. My friend mentioned something else though and i can't remember what it is ! DOH ! Anyway, give them a call and ask about the details if your getting broadband for the console. ;-)
Fri 01/03/02 at 21:53
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Be careful mate - have you asked if they support the X-Box ?
A friend of mine was told that Telewest doesn't support the console. If your getting it for that reason you might wanna check quickly before getting it installed. :-)
Fri 01/03/02 at 10:23
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Outlaw_UK wrote:
> Should do when this BT thing pulls through. "DAAAAAAD!"
> :)

Outlaw.

Mwhahahaha!!! I get my broadband installed on Monday from those kind chappies at Telewest :)
Fri 01/03/02 at 09:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
pajr777 wrote:
Actually,
> you should be able to do this without a hub. Your PC needs two network cards,
> one connected to ADSL/Cable modem, and one connected to the Xbox using an
> ethernet crossover cable. This will connect any two ethernet appliances without
> the need for a hub.

Maybe. But there are only a few certain ways to connect it all up that work.

http://www.gamespyarcade.com/ support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

remove space between / and support.

This will tell you how it all works.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ xbox/file/halo_online.txt

remove space between / and xbox.
Fri 01/03/02 at 09:11
adrian wrote:
> Apart from you need a PC (obviously thats
> no problem) and one of
> those network hub things...am I right ?

> Yes you
> need a PC with a network card. A hub and an X-Box and a link cable.

Actually, you should be able to do this without a hub. Your PC needs two network cards, one connected to ADSL/Cable modem, and one connected to the Xbox using an ethernet crossover cable. This will connect any two ethernet appliances without the need for a hub.
Fri 01/03/02 at 08:30
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> Just to go back to the original topic for a moment - I'm in Essex. ;-))

My
> mate is getting an X-Box too. I'm gonna be grabbing a link cable. Hopefully my
> cousin Jay might pick an X-Box up too.

Has he got a life long friend called silent Bob ? :)

Anyway, it seems most of us arent in close distance, so LAN games are out of the question really. I wonder if the Official X-Box mag is going to organise anything? In the letters page they say they are thinkng about it.
Fri 01/03/02 at 00:10
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Make new friends mate. ;-) I'm hoping my cousins get an X-Box cause the multiplayers that will come with that will just be so excellent. :-)

Especially when my friends are over. Thing is their ponces when it comes to games. Basically I buy it all while they come over and play at their leisure. What really got me in shock and nearly got one of them a thump in the mouth was when one of them said I had to buy this game for everyone to play. I said "Why don't you buy it !?" (of course not as polite a choice of words) cause they knew it wasn't my type of game and they were like "Well, you like buying games don't ya".

Now, a few of them have Playstations and stuff, but their so bloody tight fisted. The only way you can interest them in buying a game is if the words "copied" and "£5" comes into it. Cheap ba.... anyway...
Thu 28/02/02 at 21:39
Regular
"I won the turnips!!"
Most of my mates are getting Gamecubes so I probably wont be able to have an LAN party's - which is another b*tch. Looks like I'll have to make do with Unreal Championship and Serious Sam - damn!!

Outlaw.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.