GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spam..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 19/04/13 at 07:34
Regular
"I like turtles"
Seems to be on the rise again for me, anyone else getting this?
Sat 30/04/16 at 13:11
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
Hmmm... wrote:
chasfh wrote:
[i]Either is fine from our perspective...

In the past I think Freeola have asked them to be sent as attachments, this makes sense as the original email headers will then be intact.

#2c
[s]Hmmm...[/s][/i]

Certainly helps with the "spoofed" ones, as we can tell precisely what IP address we need to look at!

As I said though, this is monitored quite closely, so anything generic that's hitting any large number of users get picked up by us anyway.
Sat 30/04/16 at 13:09
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:

In the past I think Freeola have asked them to be sent as attachments, this makes sense as the original email headers will then be intact.

That's what I thought tbh, but just thought I'd ask again. Thanks both :¬)
Sat 30/04/16 at 12:58
"Are you sure?"
chasfh wrote:
Either is fine from our perspective...

#2c
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 30/04/16 at 12:52
Staff Moderator
"Meh..."
DL wrote:
Have always wondered which is the preferred way of reporting suspicious emails to Freeola Abuse?

In the past I have forwarded the email as is and I have also emailed it to abuse as an attachment.

Which way is of more use?

Either is fine from our perspective, but just to be clear one of my colleagues here is responsible for monitoring this on a daily basis, so any "obvious" spammers are added to the list quite quickly.
Sat 30/04/16 at 12:34
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Have always wondered which is the preferred way of reporting suspicious emails to Freeola Abuse?

In the past I have forwarded the email as is and I have also emailed it to abuse as an attachment.

Which way is of more use?
Fri 08/04/16 at 17:37
"Are you sure?"
It's tough out there! Glad to hear my tip is still working for you @pete_21 :¬)

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 07/04/16 at 17:31
Regular
"I like turtles"
Had the first one ever slip through Gmail this week, other than that it's still working brilliantly (thanks again Hmmm...).

On another note I've just noticed this thread now has 200 replies and over 5500 views! :0
Thu 07/04/16 at 14:00
Regular
"The Prodigal Son..."
Blog article to go live tomorrow regarding spam, how to recognise and avoid getting caught out by it.

Hopefully this should be a helpful reference for our customers. :)
Wed 06/04/16 at 19:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Not had this one yet Hmmm, but every recipient should KNOW that it's bogus, unless they receive invoices from THAT company ... and we all KNOW who we've ordered from and what it was we ordered ... :¬)

Guess it must be 'panic mode' that makes some recipients open the 'attachment' ... sad ;¬)
Wed 06/04/16 at 17:46
"Are you sure?"
Glad(?) to see I'm not the only one that received this type of spam email.

The BBC news website have just published this article:
Phishing email that knows your address

"A new type of phishing email that includes the recipient's home address has been received by thousands of people, the BBC has learned."

They go on to say the malicious link will install 'ransomeware'!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.