GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband - on a go slow and can't see why..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/04/13 at 11:41
"Are you sure?"
I've got to know my Freeola broadband connection pretty well over the years but I can't see why I'm currently on a go slow.

I'm just about to raise a Support Ticket to see if Freeola can see a problem but thought I would post my stats here in case anyone else should be having similar problems.

I'm connected to the Faraday City of London IPSC node - currently only showing 53% usage so there shouldn't be a bottleneck there.

The VPs on my BT Exchange are green.
My error rates are low.

Here are my official speed test results which show my IP Profile is fine but my throughput isn't (tested on a wired connection):

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.01 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5.98 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5 Mbps

It was like this yesterday and I was hoping things would sort themselves out for today. Perhaps my Radius Profile is slowing me down?

#scratches head
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 11:41
"Are you sure?"
I've got to know my Freeola broadband connection pretty well over the years but I can't see why I'm currently on a go slow.

I'm just about to raise a Support Ticket to see if Freeola can see a problem but thought I would post my stats here in case anyone else should be having similar problems.

I'm connected to the Faraday City of London IPSC node - currently only showing 53% usage so there shouldn't be a bottleneck there.

The VPs on my BT Exchange are green.
My error rates are low.

Here are my official speed test results which show my IP Profile is fine but my throughput isn't (tested on a wired connection):

Download speed achieved during the test was - 1.01 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5.98 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 5 Mbps

It was like this yesterday and I was hoping things would sort themselves out for today. Perhaps my Radius Profile is slowing me down?

#scratches head
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 13:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hi Hmmm ... not noticed anything of significance since the Reported Attack Page incident, but here are my official speed test results taken a few minutes ago:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 17 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 17.27 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.04Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.83 Mbps

Not too bad.
Thu 11/04/13 at 13:37
"Are you sure?"
Hi DL,
Freeola have just replied to my ticket saying it's due to "heavy Easter network load" - doesn't seem to be affecting your part of the world! :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 14:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
Hi DL,
Freeola have just replied to my ticket saying it\'s due to \"heavy Easter network load\" - doesn\'t seem to be affecting your part of the world! :¬(

Haha ... maybe you've still got Easter in your part of the world! At the time of my performance test, the Birmingham node was at 90%.

Have you noticed the backslash when you Reply Quoting this Message in the message, if you see what I mean?
Thu 11/04/13 at 16:51
"Are you sure?"
I've just come back from a client visit - they are also on a Freeola Faraday 20CN connection and are getting their full IP Profile when doing speed tests?! (Different Exchange)

My speeds are worse than when Wimbledon is on! :¬(

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 17:35
"Are you sure?"
I've just done a 'node check' and found that my line has changed from Faraday to Stepneygreen! I've been on Faraday since the Centrals went and didn't expect this would ever change.

Stepneygreen is running much higher than Faraday which at least explains why my connection is running so poorly!

So it looks like I might be having problems due to Freeola/Entanet capacity issues - just like the bad old days.

So I'm on a 20CN long rural line connected to a knackered node - happy days!

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 19:32
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
That's 'shi*e' Hmmm, in this techno day and age ...

EDIT: Just checked again ... wrong node Hmmm, now on 21CN Nottingham at 37%.

By the way 21CN Faraday is at 44% and 21CNStepneyGreen at 77%

WBC Enta

Wholesale Broadband Connect (WBC)

It can't be Christmas, Easter and Wimbledon all at the same time!
Thu 11/04/13 at 21:21
"Are you sure?"
In case you're getting confused DL I'm on 20CN / IPSC not 21CN / WBC.

My 'new' node is now running at 87%
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 11/04/13 at 22:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
In case you\'re getting confused DL I\'m on 20CN / IPSC not 21CN / WBC.

My \'new\' node is now running at 87%

I'm not getting confused, just thought you might like to be aware of the 'dark side' ;¬) And your new 'node' was running at 88% ... so bonus, you should be 'slightly quicker' ;¬)
Thu 11/04/13 at 22:43
"Are you sure?"
A stranger has just contacted me and believes Entanet have recently reduced capacity ready for the removal of IPSC. If that's true then I could be in trouble!

But it's not what Freeola have told me so I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
But my node seems to have changed so perhaps some rationalisation is going on?

I have nearly a dozen Freeola broadband clients mostly only with 20CN exchanges *gulp*

[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.