GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wasn't too impressed with the Getaway"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Getaway'.
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:37
Regular
For those of you that have played the demo, were you really really amazed by it. I was expecting it to be like 10X better than Vice City but it wasn't. Sure the graphics were, but the controls and camera angles were awful and the way the cars were handled were a bit too realistic it ruined it.

The gun fighting was excellent though.

Your thoughts?
Wed 04/12/02 at 21:37
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
For those of you that have played the demo, were you really really amazed by it. I was expecting it to be like 10X better than Vice City but it wasn't. Sure the graphics were, but the controls and camera angles were awful and the way the cars were handled were a bit too realistic it ruined it.

The gun fighting was excellent though.

Your thoughts?
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:02
"High polygon count"
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ (SPACE) display_messages.php?threadid=60252&forumid=135
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:14
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I also didn't think it was that brilliant, i'm still gonna buy it though.
Wed 04/12/02 at 22:30
"Uzi Lover"
I've predicted it to be the biggest let down of the year.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:12
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I loved it. Thought it was different to GTA. Also the gun battles were nicely done. Overall a top looking game.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:13
Regular
"Touched!"
Hmm i aint so sure about the game now, i was going to order it from SR in the morning but i'm having second thoughts now.
Wed 04/12/02 at 23:14
Cant please everyone i guess.

I think its look brilliant and cant wait to play the full game.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I thought the demo was great, I'm getting it from SR for free anyway so I can't complain :D

I am having my doubts however that it'll be as good as Vice City, especially after reading the preview in PSW which talks about a couple of problems with the game. In the end though I don't think I'll be disappointed with it, and in fact I'm forward to it immensely.

And besides it's not often you actually get to play a game set in England, it makes a nice change, and you can actually drive on the left hand side of the road for once.
Thu 05/12/02 at 11:54
Regular
"aliens exist"
the cars were too realistic, errrr wot?
Thu 05/12/02 at 12:04
Regular
At first it seemed a little slow but once you get going things start to speed up a little. I miss changing the camera to see how badly you've smashed your car up like you can in GTA. The shooting parts are really good. The blood actually stays on your clothes where you were shot. When your injured you walk like a complete cripple. I also found the shotgun and blasted someone with it and watched the blood splat up the wall. That impressed me. Many of the details are superb. You can see the names on the back of cars as well as viewing the details on the beer cans in the warehouse.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.