GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum of n00bing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
I know my ideas are often ridiculous and involve mutilating living creatures but this one is a little different. It actually involves making things better, let me explain.

When a newbie comes to the forums, they are often riduculed and dissuaded from remaining a member of the forums, so some of them leave. Now im sure Special Reserve like getting more hits on their website as it means they can make more money from adverts, and newbies not having the confidence to post in the main areas like FOG will make their visitor count dwindle.

Basically my idea is to set up a forum where newbies can get accquainted with SR and build up confidence. Regulars, notables and staffies can post advice to them and when they feel they are ready they can enter the big bad world that is, "Forum of Gaming chat".

This will acheive three things.

1) Newbies wont be picked on as much in the forums

2) Newbies wont clog up posts with spam, or start spammy topics

3) Regulars & notables wont get stressed with notables and waste their time typing, "Dont spam" etc

Its just an idea I had and I thought it might work and make some changed for the better around here. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
-kyz˛˛-
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:52
Regular
I don't think your an unofficial staffie because you help.
I think it because you tell me that you are :-)
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:50
Regular
Oh, and JAE, I got away with all three bits of homework I didn't do. That included TWO essays. WHOOOOOOO.
Fri 06/12/02 at 16:48
Regular
I never got to reply to this last night as my internet went funny.

Elimin@tor wrote:
> DW give it a rest on the Staffie remarks because I suppose that all
> you're doing in work experience is mopping up the floor and
> photocopying pictures of your As$.

Basically, I've said it before, so I'll say it again, just for you. I like helping people. In Site Bugs, I do the best I can to solve other peoples problems when the staffies are nowhere to be seen. It is quite good being known as the Unofficial Staffie, as it shows people recognize me for helping. As for work experiance...I feel it is time you learn to think before you post. I want to do something totally different to retail. I want to work in a place that deals with games in one way or another, yet doesn't sell them. I have a nice little place lined up for me for a fortnight. Where? Working in EA Games in Chertsey, just down the road from Egham, testing all of EA Games' future games. They are quite desperate, and will take someone on. To work there full time, you need some decent grades. I hope to go there. If that doesn't work then yes, maybe I will go and ask SR. But no disrespect to Special Reserve, but working there will in no way help me with my ambition. I will achieve my ambition, with more mixed ability course being introduced at West Thames college, and therefore need to get a feel of what it's like before I get to a certain age and muck up, proving costly.
Fri 06/12/02 at 15:55
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
Elimin@tor wrote:
> Hullo I'm back again, what would guys think if I changed my name to
> "NEO MATRIX" in a couple of weeks time when I have posted
> over 2000 posts?

How about Elimin@trix ? That'd be better!
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:13
"The Will of D."
Hullo I'm back again, what would guys think if I changed my name to "NEO MATRIX" in a couple of weeks time when I have posted over 2000 posts?
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:42
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Jericho15 wrote:
> Thats true. Im not surprised really. It was a good idea. When sideshow
> said it had been done before, I was surprised!

me too, look at my replys
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
PsychoticKiller wrote:
> kyz's Post is getting POPular

Thats true. Im not surprised really. It was a good idea. When sideshow said it had been done before, I was surprised!
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:32
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
kyz's Post is getting POPular
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:29
Regular
"NiNtEnDo Fo LyF FoO"
Jericho15 wrote:
> er no! It was just a saying. In fact, im not sure if ive ever used
> that saying in my whole life. There must be something wrong with me.

heh.. er no.. Cause its from a TV show here in america.. called Rocket power :X
Thu 05/12/02 at 21:27
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
PsychoticKiller wrote:
> haha thats the spirit.. You american Jericho?*god pls let me spell
> that right!*

er no! It was just a saying. In fact, im not sure if ive ever used that saying in my whole life. There must be something wrong with me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.