GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forum of n00bing"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 05/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
I know my ideas are often ridiculous and involve mutilating living creatures but this one is a little different. It actually involves making things better, let me explain.

When a newbie comes to the forums, they are often riduculed and dissuaded from remaining a member of the forums, so some of them leave. Now im sure Special Reserve like getting more hits on their website as it means they can make more money from adverts, and newbies not having the confidence to post in the main areas like FOG will make their visitor count dwindle.

Basically my idea is to set up a forum where newbies can get accquainted with SR and build up confidence. Regulars, notables and staffies can post advice to them and when they feel they are ready they can enter the big bad world that is, "Forum of Gaming chat".

This will acheive three things.

1) Newbies wont be picked on as much in the forums

2) Newbies wont clog up posts with spam, or start spammy topics

3) Regulars & notables wont get stressed with notables and waste their time typing, "Dont spam" etc

Its just an idea I had and I thought it might work and make some changed for the better around here. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
-kyz˛˛-
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:15
Regular
This idea's beewn proposed before I think, when WE were still n00bs
Thu 05/12/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Z will be here soon"
I know my ideas are often ridiculous and involve mutilating living creatures but this one is a little different. It actually involves making things better, let me explain.

When a newbie comes to the forums, they are often riduculed and dissuaded from remaining a member of the forums, so some of them leave. Now im sure Special Reserve like getting more hits on their website as it means they can make more money from adverts, and newbies not having the confidence to post in the main areas like FOG will make their visitor count dwindle.

Basically my idea is to set up a forum where newbies can get accquainted with SR and build up confidence. Regulars, notables and staffies can post advice to them and when they feel they are ready they can enter the big bad world that is, "Forum of Gaming chat".

This will acheive three things.

1) Newbies wont be picked on as much in the forums

2) Newbies wont clog up posts with spam, or start spammy topics

3) Regulars & notables wont get stressed with notables and waste their time typing, "Dont spam" etc

Its just an idea I had and I thought it might work and make some changed for the better around here. Let me know what you think.

Thanks
-kyz˛˛-

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.