GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 3 - We can make it better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:59
Regular
Kionami are after OUR ideas on how to inprove PES 3, here's the link:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/ (space) newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid=FPXRJU13DZLLQ (space) CQANIBSMFQKABVAIGUG?storyId=102973_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=MPC

I'm sure we all have ideas to improve it. Let's all send them an email AND write here what we thing could improve the best football game ever.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:29
Regular
"  "
oasismark wrote:
> Nå†ßu© wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
>
> 9. In PES1 keeper could run and kick ball out of hands, PES 2 keeper
> stops running to kick. PES1 is better version. (i'm struggling now)
>
> He only stops when he's on the edge of the area.
>
> NO, try it.
>
> If your near the net, run forward and press kick, he stops and kickes
> it even if your not near the edge of the area.
>
> Maybe it's just my keeper that does it, (chilevert)

Hmmm fair enough but I use Chilavert too, so i'll keep my out out and take a look.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:33
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
> Nå†ßu© wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
>
> 9. In PES1 keeper could run and kick ball out of hands, PES 2 keeper
> stops running to kick. PES1 is better version. (i'm struggling now)
>
> He only stops when he's on the edge of the area.
>
> NO, try it.
>
> If your near the net, run forward and press kick, he stops and
> kickes
> it even if your not near the edge of the area.
>
> Maybe it's just my keeper that does it, (chilevert)
>
>
> Hmmm fair enough but I use Chilavert too, so i'll keep my out out and
> take a look.

It's something i noticed straight away in the PES2 demo, i liked to run out and kick it on the run, which you could do in PES1 but first time i did in in PES2 the keeper stopped running, and started up again to kick it.

Only i very minor gripe i agree, but seams to stop the flow a little.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:40
Regular
"  "
Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you meant that he stands on the spot and kicks it. But you mean that he stops his current run and starts a new one to kick it, don't you?
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:45
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> Oh I see what you mean now. I thought you meant that he stands on the
> spot and kicks it. But you mean that he stops his current run and
> starts a new one to kick it, don't you?

Yeah that's what i mean, sounds petty to moan about summat so trivial, but i liked PES1's way alot better.
Fri 06/12/02 at 18:01
Regular
"It's been a while.."
pro evo is amazing, every aspect of it
Fri 06/12/02 at 18:44
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
The most important thing i think you all are yet to mention is that Pro Evolution Soccer 3 should have a proper licence its all well if you the original Pro Evolution Soccer but what if you dont? Then you have to change all though Holland names by yourself. Not only the names of Hollands team are spelt wrong, other than that the first that comes to my mind is Brazil, the classic and normal teams names are spelt wrong.

How would Konami get a licence do they have to pay for it of do FIFA decide if to give it to games developers or not? If they have to be payed how come Konami didnt wouldnt they have made enough from the first game to get a licence from the second?
Fri 06/12/02 at 18:49
Regular
To be fair, the massive improvements made ot Pro Evo 2 over PES is the master league system, play it on extreme and it is immense.

As for it being a half-hearted sequel??

Wookie, I just don't agree with you, but each to their own.

For PES3, international online leagues.
Fri 06/12/02 at 19:54
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
How about being able to drop the ball as the keeper and then kick it, to waste time maybe. I used to do this alot on Fifa, just to get a bit further and then kick it. And scoring a free kick is so hard, i've only scored one. I don't think that the players get exhausted, but i think they should. All of your ideas are great, especially the retaliations. How about playing advantage? There are alot, but i have to go :)
Fri 06/12/02 at 20:01
Regular
"  "
There just aren't enough crowd chants. Each different club has a chant depending on where they are from, but even Lincoln City have more chants than that!

And it is just too hard to curl the ball.

Crowd could look better.

More weather effects.

Oh and one thing that is a must! Players should collide more realisticly. When they hit they just stumble. They should smack into each other with a sickening crunch and fall into a heap on the floor.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I just went upstairs and played one game and came up with about 17 ideas i think.

1. In Game Music
It's there, but it's pants. I enjoyed Fifa 2000 so much because it had some wicked tunes on it. Hopefully they can add some proper music rather than the Japanesy kind of stuff they have now.

2. The Through Ball
It stinks. You can see a clear through ball which will set you one on one and they pass it into another player. Again, on Fifa 2000 (the only Fifa game i own), the through balls were always really good. They were in the right position and went to the players feet. If the defenders intercepted these every so often, the game would be alot better i think.

3. Half Time
It's not the biggest add-on, but what's wrong with following the players down into the dug-outs rather than just seeing them walk off the pitch?

4. Tackling
It happens to me alot. I do a sliding tackle, get the ball and get booked?! The computer player usually kicks the ball too far infront of them and i slide in dirctly infront of them. I kick the ball onto them and then they fall over, and i usually get booked.

5. Different Referees
There's definately a ref on the game that's supposed to be the italian one who looks really evil. I just think that the refs should have different levels of acceptance. Some should be strict and some should be soft.

6. Creating Teams
Not a huge thing to change, but the chance to be able to create teams rather than editing a team to be another.

7. More Injuries
Maybe you should be able to get injured even if you aren't on the wrong end of the tackle. Maybe if it is you that makes the tackle or you just turn wrong when playing. If it is in a game, i don't think these injuries should occur alot, but they should be there.

8. Referee and Linesman Decisions
Do they ever make mistakes? They're both like eagles. They should be slightly leneant on the offside decisions and other decisions.

9. Pushing
Alot of the time when my player is on the floor, the opponent pushes him while he is lying there. The players step over the goalies, so why don't they walk over the other players after a foal has been commited?

10. Boarders
The ball doesn't go through the boarders and advertisements at the side, but the players do. It can't be that hard to fix this.

11. Celebrations
They're alright, but they do go on for a while. They should add team celebrations, like when Arsenal always used to put their fingers to their mouths, as if to say "be quiet".

12. Churning up the Pitch
Some of them already are, but when it's raining the pitches should become all churned up. This would fix in with the idea of the players' kits getting dirty.

13. Better Goalies
I don't want the Fifa goalies, but the goalies always seem to parry the ball after making a diving save. maybe only good goalies should do it, but some should definately hold onto the ball after a diving save.

14. Camera on the Replays
They're really bad. The replays after you do a shot are never in the right position. The replays of free-kicks should be the ball, like they are sometimes and not from the side. And when the ball goes slightly wide, you want to know how wide. So why don't they show you?

15. Instant Replays
Where are they? I want to see my bad tackles more than just once, or is i got away with it, i want to see them again. If this option is added, i think you should be able to add a few of these. God i longed for this when my goalie used to punch players isntead of the ball on Fifa.

16. Managers
I think the game could be a little bit more managerial, than it already is. You don't often have to do much to your team, but i think you should need to change your formation as new players come into the team. And you should need to change your formation if you are losing alot of games or only scarping by in games.

17. Improving Every Game
I think players' stats should change as they play games, so their accuracy could improve as they score more and more goals. If a goalie doesn't concede, his stats could improve.

17 may sound alot, buut Konami have given us a little gem. I don't think i would have bought the game if i owned Pro Evo, but i don't. My 17 and other people suggestions would make the nads of a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.