GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 3 - We can make it better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:59
Regular
Kionami are after OUR ideas on how to inprove PES 3, here's the link:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/ (space) newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid=FPXRJU13DZLLQ (space) CQANIBSMFQKABVAIGUG?storyId=102973_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=MPC

I'm sure we all have ideas to improve it. Let's all send them an email AND write here what we thing could improve the best football game ever.
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:59
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Kionami are after OUR ideas on how to inprove PES 3, here's the link:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/ (space) newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid=FPXRJU13DZLLQ (space) CQANIBSMFQKABVAIGUG?storyId=102973_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=MPC

I'm sure we all have ideas to improve it. Let's all send them an email AND write here what we thing could improve the best football game ever.
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:18
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Here's the email i've just sent:

1. THE COMENTARY, enough said. "I tell a lie, he's missed"

2. Full English league should be included. I would definatly preffer a full english roster (prem down to div 3) then top european teams.

3. When you pass to a player, they stand still or run very slowly, and wait for the ball to come to them. The players should run TOWARDS the ball, or be under the players control.

4. Freekicks were better controlled on PES 1.

5. Handball should be included. Many times the ball clearly hits a sliding players hand but nothing is given.

6. When a player in clean through on goal and get's brought down, it should be a straight red, this has happened to me and nothing was given.

7. Ref should be seen running around on pitch, also linesmen and sidelines. Ball should be able to hit ref.

8. Players kit's should get muddy and match goes on.

9. In PES1 keeper could run and kick ball out of hands, PES 2 keeper stops running to kick. PES1 is better version. (i'm struggling now)
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:28
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think youve hit the nail on the head with the improvements, it's good that they 'may' listen to us for future changes and it would be good if a lot of us sent e-mail of a similar kind of list therefore they know the major areas that require imporvements.
Fri 06/12/02 at 10:39
"High polygon count"
With the exception of the free kicks, everything there is what was also in the list of things that should have been improved from PES1 to PES2.

All of those are among the reasons I see PES2 as a sloppy, half-hearted effort at a sequel, and why I refuse to buy it. Various items on that list have been incorporated into both TIF2003 and FIFA2003, and are why I see those games as more deserving of my cash.
Fri 06/12/02 at 11:40
Regular
"  "
Sometimes the collision detection when the keeper puts his arms in the air is a bit dodgy as he makes a save without touching the ball.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:00
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
oasismark wrote:
> Here's the email i've just sent:
>
>
>
> 1. THE COMENTARY, enough said. "I tell a lie, he's missed"

Agree- Especially when playing as China an Trevor saying "Theres not a ch*nk in their armour"
>
> 2. Full English league should be included. I would definatly preffer a
> full english roster (prem down to div 3) then top european teams.
>

I think this would be pretty hard for them to implement without losing other features.

> 3. When you pass to a player, they stand still or run very slowly, and
> wait for the ball to come to them. The players should run TOWARDS the
> ball, or be under the players control.

You do have control - They can run towards the ball but it depends on their response level.
>
> 4. Freekicks were better controlled on PES 1.

I don't think so. In PES2 their is more variety between different takers and once you get to know how each player addresses the ball you can pull off some real beauties. The best tactic is to aim between the heads of the defenders and curl away from the keeper. I managed to score a 25 yarder with just a tap of the power bar and it zipped through the wall about knee height and left the keeper stabding still.
>

> 5. Handball should be included. Many times the ball clearly hits a
> sliding players hand but nothing is given.

Agreed. What about retaliation. Some times when fouled I'd like my player to push or kick the F*****r!Instead I have to through the controller across the room.

>
> 6. When a player in clean through on goal and get's brought down, it
> should be a straight red, this has happened to me and nothing was
> given.
>
This happens already but maybe not quite enough.

> 7. Ref should be seen running around on pitch, also linesmen and
> sidelines. Ball should be able to hit ref.
>

Maybe this would couse a bit of slowdown when you get on break.

> 8. Players kit's should get muddy and match goes on.

Why?
>

> 9. In PES1 keeper could run and kick ball out of hands, PES 2 keeper
> stops running to kick. PES1 is better version. (i'm struggling now)

Er.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:03
Regular
"  "
oasismark wrote:
>

He only stops when he's on the edge of the area.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:05
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
WHat I'd like to see is the chance to choose a national side alongside the master league team and have international matches and cups during the season.

It would also be good if say you use Beckham to train on freekicks and reach a certain score, his stats can increase for the matches.

Finally, I'd like to see the highlights tightened up and for highlights of a whole tournament to be shown if you win the cup. Recapping your best moments from the competition.
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:08
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
Nå†ßu© wrote:
> oasismark wrote:
>
>
> He only stops when he's on the edge of the area.

NO, try it.

If your near the net, run forward and press kick, he stops and kickes it even if your not near the edge of the area.

Maybe it's just my keeper that does it, (chilevert)
Fri 06/12/02 at 13:21
Regular
"as tha nowt moist?"
> 1. THE COMENTARY, enough said. "I tell a lie, he's missed"
>
> Agree- Especially when playing as China an Trevor saying "Theres
> not a ch*nk in their armour"
>

LOL

> 3. When you pass to a player, they stand still or run very slowly,
> and
> wait for the ball to come to them. The players should run TOWARDS
> the
> ball, or be under the players control.
>
> You do have control - They can run towards the ball but it depends on
> their response level.
>

Are you sure? Plenty of times a defender runs past my stationary man and intercepts the pass. And of course i'm pressing the direction to move to get the ball first, but he just stands still.

>
> 5. Handball should be included. Many times the ball clearly hits a
> sliding players hand but nothing is given.
>
> Agreed. What about retaliation. Some times when fouled I'd like my
> player to push or kick the ****!Instead I have to through the
> controller across the room.
>
>
Good one. The players sometimes give each other a dirty look, but you want it to turn into tekken for a minute.

>
> 6. When a player in clean through on goal and get's brought down, it
> should be a straight red, this has happened to me and nothing was
> given.
>
> This happens already but maybe not quite enough.
>
>

I recently played arsenal in 1st round of cup, and TWICE i was clean through only for a defender to catch me up and push me over, a freekick was given but surley ref it's a red card. they should have been down to 9 men. and they went on to win.

> 7. Ref should be seen running around on pitch, also linesmen and
> sidelines. Ball should be able to hit ref.
>
>
> Maybe this would couse a bit of slowdown when you get on break.
>

Why?

>
> 8. Players kit's should get muddy and match goes on.
>
> Why?
>
>
Cos it would look cool.

These are only my suggestions for the game, i hope you are all emailing in yours aswell as posting here.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.