GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 3 - We can make it better"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 3'.
Fri 06/12/02 at 09:59
Regular
Kionami are after OUR ideas on how to inprove PES 3, here's the link:

http://uk.playstation.com/news/ (space) newsStory.jhtml;jsessionid=FPXRJU13DZLLQ (space) CQANIBSMFQKABVAIGUG?storyId=102973_en_GB_NEWS&linktype=MPC

I'm sure we all have ideas to improve it. Let's all send them an email AND write here what we thing could improve the best football game ever.
Sun 08/12/02 at 15:59
Regular
"bitterly jaded ;]"
Thought I'd just post what I sent in my email.

1) A master league option whereby you chose an international team to manage alongside your club team. Then having internationals played amongst the league games.

2) Handballs.

3) The linesmen and referee to occasionally make mistakes on offside decisions with replays of questionable decisions.

4) Highlights at the end of tournaments that recap on all the games and how you made your way to the cup.

5) Goal of the month/top scorer prizes such as extra ability points for the player.

6) Expanded training section with unlockable elements that improve your master league teams.

7) The master league division 1 to be sorted out – At the moment you win the whole thing but the have 2 knockout games – why?

8) Camera angles of replays to be more consistent. If you miss a free kick it is really helpful to see the replay from the kickers point of view so that you can know where to aim the next time.

9) Injuries to occur more realistically – sometimes just because a player stretches to far or falls badly after a header. Plus a minor injury could mean a player limps around for five minutes but can shake off the injury rather than being substandard for a few games.

10) Major injuries to players could be worked on in training areas to get them fit more quickly.
Maybe by passing certain tasks.

11) Passing certain training tasks like the UMBRO PTC could increase certain poor stats of players – For example Beckham maybe weak at running with the ball, so you have to get a certain score with him in the dribbling test to attain a higher dribbling stat in the game.

12) Make it a bit harder.

Lets hope they start working on it soon!
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:27
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Just sent the best of my ideas in, but there should definately be a prize. Konami probably feel that the prize of "Making a great game for everybody to play" is enough. I disagree : D After all, we all like things for free, which is probably why you first came onto this site.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:16
Regular
"  "
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:

> 3)TV Presentation
> I think that Konami could include a TV style program like "The
> Premiership", were they could announce "Goal of the
> Month", "Player of the month" and other statistics. I
> think this would really add to the realism of the game, and could lead
> to alot of other possibilities.

That's one I would absoloutly love. :D

TIF had this kind of thing but over a season. No best goal though.
Sun 08/12/02 at 14:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Will do Nathan. I've just thought of a few add-ons, i'll send off what i had before and what i've got now in a minute.

1) Unlockable Videos
I think that you should be able to unlock videos of football matches from the past like "The hand of God" and "They think it's all Over". They could be unlockable after winning certain cups, or they could be collectable. You could spend your points from the Master League on these videos, instead of transfer points.

2) Mini-Games
I think that these would be a cool little extra. i think you should be able to unlock new mini-games, or buy them as i said in the previous suggestion. A few games i have thought of are "Bowling", were you have to kick the ball at the pins, "Footennis", were you simply play tennis with your feet and a football.

3)TV Presentation
I think that Konami could include a TV style program like "The Premiership", were they could announce "Goal of the Month", "Player of the month" and other statistics. I think this would really add to the realism of the game, and could lead to alot of other possibilities.
Sun 08/12/02 at 13:07
Regular
"  "
Pro Evo wrote:

> Best attempt at this is on Fifa: Road to World Cup, that was
> brilliant.

That was probably the highlight of the game. I hope you sent that off Benny :D
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:29
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Its a good idea, but before the indoor game could work with Pro Evo the controls would have to become more responsive than they are now. The controls are fine for the 11 a side game, but they are not fast enough at all for the proper speed of an indoor 5-aside im afraid. And i feel it would have to be speeded up, as it is, it just wouldnt feel like proper 5-aside football.

Best attempt at this is on Fifa: Road to World Cup, that was brilliant.
Sun 08/12/02 at 12:23
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
just had a quality idea - Indoor football. We play indoor football alot of the time at our school and it rules. 5-a-side, small goals and walls. I think it would work so well with Pro Evo's gameplay, the speed and the crispness.

But why do you send the ideas off to the Playstation website and not Konami themselves. I think they should definately award a prize to the winner, maybe a visit to Japan, or just the new game : D
Sat 07/12/02 at 16:32
Regular
"  "
This is what I sent.

1) The pitches need to be smaller. It's ok saying it gives you a nice wide playing surface but it makes the game too wide spread. A nice tight battle would be better.

2) The ball needs more weight. It shouldn't go miles after hitting a player, it should just be a muffled kind of rebound, not like when it hits the post.

3) The tackling should be improved upon. Too many times have I cleanly won the ball and been shown the red. Also it should be easier to win the ball back after being tackled. Soft one foot tackles shouldn't send the player losing the ball flying, he should just get knocked off the ball and the players could then continue to wrestle (Pull shirts, barge each other) in a normal way.

4) Dribbling should be more than 16 or so directions. There should be total control and the forward, diagonal, up, down, and backwards method should be got rid of.

5) Sometimes the camera angles on instant replays are annoying as they don't capture the right angle. This makes it hard to judge sometimes how far wide a ball has gone.

6) I should be able to pause the game and be able to replay what has happened in the last minute or so.

7) The commentary could be better. It seems the right programming is there (For example, most of the right comments are activated at the right time, and things such as possesion stats announcements are good) but the actual sound clips used just sound silly. It doesn't flow properly.

8) The ball doesn't seem to bounce off the keepers hands properly. Usually he saves balls he hasn't even touched and sometimes the ball just bounces off in an un-natural way.

9) Crowd sounds need to be better. Each team only has about one chant, and this is played repeatedly for the home team the whole way through the match. There should be individual club chants and these could change depending on the way the match is going. Also there needs to be more enthusiasm in the goal cheers. They do sound a bit like a hairdryer.

10) The chance to push or fight opposition after a bad tackle or an incident you dont like would be good. This could be like NHL2003 by EA where you can get into fights and be punished accordingly.

11) Injuries should occur when players stretch too far for kicks, when fouled, and when tackling. Also it shouldn't be a freekick and a booking everytime there is an injury.

I hope this helps make the beutifal game more beutifal.

Nath.
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:45
Nice ideas there JM you should definatly send them off to Konami.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:06
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
I just went upstairs and played one game and came up with about 17 ideas i think.

1. In Game Music
It's there, but it's pants. I enjoyed Fifa 2000 so much because it had some wicked tunes on it. Hopefully they can add some proper music rather than the Japanesy kind of stuff they have now.

2. The Through Ball
It stinks. You can see a clear through ball which will set you one on one and they pass it into another player. Again, on Fifa 2000 (the only Fifa game i own), the through balls were always really good. They were in the right position and went to the players feet. If the defenders intercepted these every so often, the game would be alot better i think.

3. Half Time
It's not the biggest add-on, but what's wrong with following the players down into the dug-outs rather than just seeing them walk off the pitch?

4. Tackling
It happens to me alot. I do a sliding tackle, get the ball and get booked?! The computer player usually kicks the ball too far infront of them and i slide in dirctly infront of them. I kick the ball onto them and then they fall over, and i usually get booked.

5. Different Referees
There's definately a ref on the game that's supposed to be the italian one who looks really evil. I just think that the refs should have different levels of acceptance. Some should be strict and some should be soft.

6. Creating Teams
Not a huge thing to change, but the chance to be able to create teams rather than editing a team to be another.

7. More Injuries
Maybe you should be able to get injured even if you aren't on the wrong end of the tackle. Maybe if it is you that makes the tackle or you just turn wrong when playing. If it is in a game, i don't think these injuries should occur alot, but they should be there.

8. Referee and Linesman Decisions
Do they ever make mistakes? They're both like eagles. They should be slightly leneant on the offside decisions and other decisions.

9. Pushing
Alot of the time when my player is on the floor, the opponent pushes him while he is lying there. The players step over the goalies, so why don't they walk over the other players after a foal has been commited?

10. Boarders
The ball doesn't go through the boarders and advertisements at the side, but the players do. It can't be that hard to fix this.

11. Celebrations
They're alright, but they do go on for a while. They should add team celebrations, like when Arsenal always used to put their fingers to their mouths, as if to say "be quiet".

12. Churning up the Pitch
Some of them already are, but when it's raining the pitches should become all churned up. This would fix in with the idea of the players' kits getting dirty.

13. Better Goalies
I don't want the Fifa goalies, but the goalies always seem to parry the ball after making a diving save. maybe only good goalies should do it, but some should definately hold onto the ball after a diving save.

14. Camera on the Replays
They're really bad. The replays after you do a shot are never in the right position. The replays of free-kicks should be the ball, like they are sometimes and not from the side. And when the ball goes slightly wide, you want to know how wide. So why don't they show you?

15. Instant Replays
Where are they? I want to see my bad tackles more than just once, or is i got away with it, i want to see them again. If this option is added, i think you should be able to add a few of these. God i longed for this when my goalie used to punch players isntead of the ball on Fifa.

16. Managers
I think the game could be a little bit more managerial, than it already is. You don't often have to do much to your team, but i think you should need to change your formation as new players come into the team. And you should need to change your formation if you are losing alot of games or only scarping by in games.

17. Improving Every Game
I think players' stats should change as they play games, so their accuracy could improve as they score more and more goals. If a goalie doesn't concede, his stats could improve.

17 may sound alot, buut Konami have given us a little gem. I don't think i would have bought the game if i owned Pro Evo, but i don't. My 17 and other people suggestions would make the nads of a game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.