GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox - what's in the box?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 09:39
Regular
I'm gonna run it through my Sony AV system, so I need an AV output from the Xbox. I see there is a 'standard' scart lead available as a peripheral which has AV jacks that plug into a scart adapter - is this what is supplied in the box, or is it just a simple xbox-scart lead?

TIA..
Wed 27/02/02 at 20:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I decided to add an advanced scart cable to my pre-order today so I'll be able to get better picture and sound quality. :-)

God knows how much I'll have put into the games industry by the end of the year. ;-))
Wed 27/02/02 at 21:05
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I know the feeling, is it any wonder the UK spends the most on games and related stuff after the USA and Japan ?
Thu 28/02/02 at 08:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
savatt1668 wrote:
> I decided to add an advanced scart cable to my pre-order today so I'll be able
> to get better picture and sound quality. :-)

Hybrid Valves who is a staff member thinks that the X-Box already comes with a advanced scart lead. If it doesnt the first thing i'll do is pop into to town and see if I can get one from a shop. I could order one but if the X-Box does come with the advance scart cable then it would be a waste of £20.
Thu 28/02/02 at 14:58
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Really ? Not so sure about that. Some shops are displaying some of the games and accessories and from what I saw they sell the normal scart seperate, which I guess is the one packaged with the console and they also have the advanced scart lead.

We'll just have to wait and see I guess. ;-) Plus if thats the case you can always ask if its possible to bring the scart lead back if you DO get it with the console. I'm sure the shop won't mind.
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:10
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I dont really know what lead comes with the X-Box. Some magazines say its the normal composite one. While SR have in the mag that you need a Scart compatible TV. If the X-Box did include composite cables like the PS2, wouldnt SR have the same type of message next to the PS2 packs(which they dont have)?

I think i'll wait until I get the X-Box and see if it comes with a composite lead or not. If it comes with a RGB lead then that will be good. But if I open up the box and I see a composite cable, or it looks like a normal cable, but doesnt turn my TV over once the X-Box is turned on. Then i'll go straight into town and get the offical advanced AV pack. It would only take 20 mins to get into town and back again.
Thu 28/02/02 at 15:44
Okay, prediction time!

In the box: The 'standard' scart lead which can also be purchased separately. This will be the same lead as supplied in the US, a composite video (yellow), right audio (red), and left audio (black). With it will be a little scart adaptor to convert the three leads into scart format for us Europeans. This makes economic sense as the additional kit needed is minimal.

The advanced lead will have additional connectors for RGB and optical audio.
Thu 28/02/02 at 16:40
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Been on the Offical Xbox mag site, and on there forum asked about the lead. From what they are saying and mags are saying it looks like it will be the composite leads you get with the X-box. Seems thats another £20 to spend on the advanced AV pack :(. Or I may get the £10 gold plated one.
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:10
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
adrian wrote:
>It would only take 20 mins to get into town
> and back again.

20 minutes, on launch day ? heresy !:)
Thu 28/02/02 at 17:42
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
> adrian wrote:
>It would only take 20 mins to get into town
> and back
> again.

20 minutes, on launch day ? heresy !:)

I think i'll order the RGB lead for £9.99 instead of the offical advanced pack. So I wont go into town on launch day.
Thu 28/02/02 at 21:16
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'll be outside the shop door at midnight waiting to grab mine like a hungry wolf. ;-))

Can picture the scene now, all the people that pre-ordered from the same shop all waiting outside like a village mob outside Dracula's door. ;-))

"Gimme, Gimme, GIMME !!!!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.