GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox - what's in the box?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/02/02 at 09:39
Regular
I'm gonna run it through my Sony AV system, so I need an AV output from the Xbox. I see there is a 'standard' scart lead available as a peripheral which has AV jacks that plug into a scart adapter - is this what is supplied in the box, or is it just a simple xbox-scart lead?

TIA..
Tue 26/02/02 at 09:39
I'm gonna run it through my Sony AV system, so I need an AV output from the Xbox. I see there is a 'standard' scart lead available as a peripheral which has AV jacks that plug into a scart adapter - is this what is supplied in the box, or is it just a simple xbox-scart lead?

TIA..
Tue 26/02/02 at 10:24
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
You get a standard Scart lead. Its NOT like the one you get with the PS2. I hope that the X-Box scart lead is RGB, I think it could be as its a true scart lead.
Tue 26/02/02 at 13:59
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Okay I got this from Xgamer magazine - which is from the same publisher that is doing the official one.

The lead in the box IS the same kind as you get with the PS2 in that is looks the same, has the stupid Euro AV adaptor with it, and does not give true RGB quality.

Why ? Well I say its so we have to go pay out £17.99 for the Microsoft Advanced Scart Cable, but Microsoft say it offers two kinds of connections -AV and Scart, personally I think if you're TV has AV connections then it also has at least one scart socket...shame on you Microsoft !
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Well in the pic on SR they have a pic of a proper scart lead. Also it says you need a scart compatible TV. But the PS2 doesnt say that even though it has the Euro Av connectors.

Anyway if its not true RGB, I will pop into town as soon as I get my X-Box so I can play all the games in RGB.
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I "think" SR give you a scart cable as part of their bundle - they do with other consoles, I've never bought a console from them yet so Im not 100% on this - Amazons got them for between 8.99-17.99
Tue 26/02/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I think I might post a message in the customer services forum, to see if they know the answer.
Tue 26/02/02 at 20:22
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Belldandy wrote:
The lead in the box IS the same kind as you get with
> the PS2 in that is looks the same, has the stupid Euro AV adaptor with it, and
> does not give true RGB quality.

I just read that as well in Xgamer. Cant believe I didnt pick it out when I read it before. Well i'll see what the SR staff have to say in reply to my post in the customer service forum. If they say you get the composite connection then i'll order myself a RGB lead. As I dont really want to use anything else apart from RGB.
Tue 26/02/02 at 22:08
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
I know - what on earth is the point ? I remember when all you got with a console was an RF lead...scart was a strange word in those days...... lol :) *curses self for getting rid of all old consoles that are sellng for a small fortune on Ebay*
Wed 27/02/02 at 08:43
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
The scart lead you get with the PS2 allows you to connect the PS2 up via a scart lead or the 3 phono sockets in the front of the TV(2 if its a mono TV). This allows more people to connect it to there tv, if they have all the scart sockets used up.

But after getting a RGB lead for the PS2 and then uses that and changing back to the standard lead, you could really tell the difference. I use a 28" TV in my room so the picture is big. But I couldnt go back to the composite picture. Hopefully the staff memeber who replied to my topic in the customer forum, yesterday will reply again today and tell me whether or not it comes with a true RGB lead. I think that it will come with the 3 phonos. So if it does I will get the RGB lead for £19.99 or maybe get the gold plated one for £9.99.
Wed 27/02/02 at 13:43
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Yeah I hated the lead that camne with the PS2, by the way if you have Xgamer the lead they show you in there is the EXACT same one as the one with the Xbox, so it has the 3 phono's - still think the scart socket thing would be a poor excuse - the tv here has a DVD, Skybox, Video and I could still connect the Xbox event though it only has 2 scart sockets ! Still if you've got one..... gah ! its all a conspiracy to sell Scart leads :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.