GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube will go online next year!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/12/02 at 12:35
Regular
An official statement has been published by Nintendo Europe on their website. Here is an extract:

Plus there's a storming line-up of third-party titles, including the Nintendo GameCube-exclusive Resident Evil 0 (the long-awaited prequel to the survival horror series). Other highlights include the legendary RPG Phantasy Star Online, which will use the forthcoming broadband and modem adaptors, and speherical simian sequel Super Monkey Ball 2

It explains that we will get the online adapters next year. This statemeent is part of the 2003 release dates news article from www.nintendo.co.uk
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:35
Regular
"^_^"
An official statement has been published by Nintendo Europe on their website. Here is an extract:

Plus there's a storming line-up of third-party titles, including the Nintendo GameCube-exclusive Resident Evil 0 (the long-awaited prequel to the survival horror series). Other highlights include the legendary RPG Phantasy Star Online, which will use the forthcoming broadband and modem adaptors, and speherical simian sequel Super Monkey Ball 2

It explains that we will get the online adapters next year. This statemeent is part of the 2003 release dates news article from www.nintendo.co.uk
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:39
Regular
"Australian Person."
Whoohoo, Happydance time!
Sat 07/12/02 at 12:45
Regular
"Don't hate me for i"
Will it just be braodband?
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:02
Regular
i still cant believe that Super Monkeyball 2 has no release date yet!!

and alos, to all of the liars here who said Animal Crossing is coming here next year, shut up and look at the facts!

there is NOTHING on the uk nintendo site saying this at all!
in fact there is nothing at all except a video clip, of the US version!
Sat 07/12/02 at 14:03
Regular
Roobo wrote:
> Will it just be braodband?

no, there is the other, slower option of dial up, which in my opinion is very lame and a waste of money

but thats MY opinion
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:31
Regular
Alcofrolic wrote:
> Roobo wrote:
> Will it just be braodband?
>
>
> no, there is the other, slower option of dial up, which in my opinion
> is very lame and a waste of money
>
> but thats MY opinion

Actually, I don't think it would be that bad at all. The Dreamcast only used a 33k modem and the online games played perfectly with no slowdown at all. Therefore a 56k modem would run GC games perfectly. I'd still prefer it on broadband because it will run better than perfect.

It someone with broadband had a game against a dial-up user then the advantage would be on the broadband user as it has less, if any, lag time.
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
ellisuk wrote:

> I'd still prefer it on broadband because it will run better than
> perfect.
>

Can't get anything better than perfect heh :o)

GC Online, thats great. Shame I dont actually have any money to buy anything though :oD Darn the Christmas season!
Sat 07/12/02 at 15:44
Regular
You know what I mean!

I hope.
Sat 07/12/02 at 16:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
ellisuk wrote:

> It someone with broadband had a game against a dial-up user then the
> advantage would be on the broadband user as it has less, if any, lag
> time.

Belive me, the lag on a 56k modem is HUGE!

I played quake 3 on a modem and got a 150 ping which is really annoying!

On my 128k cable line though I can get pings of 15 easily!

The difference is amazing!

I hate playing games on modems though, I rarely did it!
Sat 07/12/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Grrr....i still do...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.