GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Gamecube will go online next year!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/12/02 at 12:35
Regular
An official statement has been published by Nintendo Europe on their website. Here is an extract:

Plus there's a storming line-up of third-party titles, including the Nintendo GameCube-exclusive Resident Evil 0 (the long-awaited prequel to the survival horror series). Other highlights include the legendary RPG Phantasy Star Online, which will use the forthcoming broadband and modem adaptors, and speherical simian sequel Super Monkey Ball 2

It explains that we will get the online adapters next year. This statemeent is part of the 2003 release dates news article from www.nintendo.co.uk
Sun 08/12/02 at 20:05
YYYAAAAYYY!!! thats cool, but i proberly wont use it if you have to pay. i have 512k broudband so i would get an awsome use from it. but i might still have to pay.
Sun 08/12/02 at 11:27
Regular
nanar nanar nanar
chips nd a bananar
Sun 08/12/02 at 11:03
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
Correction..

Sun 08/12/02 at 11:02
Regular
Damm, i only get 45kb...
Sun 08/12/02 at 11:00
Regular
hmm, I get 52k every time I log on, wooo!
Sun 08/12/02 at 10:50
Regular
So would setting it to 52k make more chances of it breaking down anyway?
Sun 08/12/02 at 10:19
Regular
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Wow... I might try that one on BT sometime...
>
> A 52k connection... maxed out your modem :)

56k over a standard phone line is illegal, the max you are allowed to use is 52k, any higher and it becomes too high for the lines to cope with and can cause errors and breakdown in comms.

my 1meg broaband conection is good enough for me.
got it running my PC and my Xbox Live simultaneously, no problems whatsoever
Sun 08/12/02 at 00:31
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Wow... I might try that one on BT sometime...

A 52k connection... maxed out your modem :)
Sat 07/12/02 at 23:57
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> Just to point out to people here that 56k modems don't actually run at
> 56k at all. They have a maximum of 53k, but the best you will get down
> a telephone line is 46k. Oh, and that's just in one direction! When
> you are SENDING data, the modem acts exactly like a 28.8k modem. You
> can only receive at 46k.

Unless you do what I did and badger BT to up the feed to through your line giving you a better connection.

Still I only ever get a 49k speed, maximum I got was 52k (wow). Hopefully though by the time Nintendo get the internet I will have Broadband in my area.
Sat 07/12/02 at 23:25
Regular
though it doesn't actually tell me what speed it connects at, just diagnostics etc, but no speed, damn, I just assumed it was 56k because it says 52000 bps in the box

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.