GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Emailing one's self"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 29/01/13 at 20:39
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is it by design thet you can't send an email to yourself (MAPI)?

On my Andriod tablet I wanted to email a document (pdf) to myself so I could pick it up off my laptop and print it... but the message kept getting bounced with a message stating:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host mx6.freeola.com [109.71.173.47]: 550 Sender address has been blacklisted
Wed 30/01/13 at 15:29
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
HI Hmmm....

I tested it on a non-android device (XP/Outlook) accross several accounts and the result was the same.

I thought I'd got round it by picking up the attachment off the 'sent items' but the pdf had been replaced with a txt warning.

I also tried it without the attachment. Same result.
Wed 30/01/13 at 12:24
"Are you sure?"
Hi JTD,
I'm not using Freeola's IMAP service - I only use POP3, so can't test this for you.
Sounds strange though especially the 'blacklisted' bit?

Hopefully someone with an IMAP account can test this for you.

Can you test this on a non-Android client in case that's an issue?

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 29/01/13 at 20:39
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is it by design thet you can't send an email to yourself (MAPI)?

On my Andriod tablet I wanted to email a document (pdf) to myself so I could pick it up off my laptop and print it... but the message kept getting bounced with a message stating:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<[email protected]>:
host mx6.freeola.com [109.71.173.47]: 550 Sender address has been blacklisted

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.