GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No more notables?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 21:44
Regular
Just a suggestion -

We have 12 notables. All are fine posters, and deserve their position. (Well done to YH for getting the recent position as notable)

However, what next? Does it get to the point where there are so many notables that even hopeless posters that can`t put a decent topic together (like myself with this topic as an example) get elected by default (being the only regular left).

Also, who wants to be Notable #13?

Anyway, just a thought, and perhaps something that should be considered before the next election. It would keep the 12 notables special.
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:23
Regular
"That's right!"
How about a RE-election system?

Where after a certain amount of time, we vote for who we want to stay a notable. The person with the least votes gets demoted

Unfair I know, but as Kid Rock said, a lot of notables disappear to their kingdom after being elected
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:28
Regular
MoJoJoJo wrote:
Unfair I know, but as Kid Rock said, a lot of notables disappear to
> their kingdom after being elected

yup and then when some do a topic it is usually crap any way
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> How about a RE-election system?

Where after a certain amount of time, we vote
> for who we want to stay a notable. The person with the least votes gets
> demoted

Unfair I know, but as Kid Rock said, a lot of notables disappear to
> their kingdom after being elected

Exactly the same as a demotion election really!

Sonic
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:49
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Something along the lines of the first election... five votes each, and take the twelve people with the most votes at the end of it.

I don't see any problem as things are though. Four notable a year really isn't many at all, especially considering how fast these forums are growing.
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:59
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
I dont think there can be too many notables...

After all all it involves is having the colour of your name changed...

And its just supposed to be a bit of fun...

It could be said that its recognition for having made an impression... and in that sense its just like a medal...

And I always thought those events when people had to give back their medals after a year were a bit tight?
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:01
Regular
Maybe the system should be rid of alltogether? :)

Anyway, the forums maybe ever growing, but how many people here stay regulars? How many stay after such and such a time? The member total may increase, but the number who post on the forums wont dramatically increase I reckon.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Make it like a real election.

One is voted, one steps down.

That way Notables don't get complacent or think they're anything special - you had to earn the respect to get there, and you should maintain that level that got you elected in the 1st place.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:15
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
It doesn't bother me. I'm not going to be able to get voted in so if I have to vote for someone I want to see as a notable, I'll do it. If there is no more voting, then that's fine.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Goatboy wrote:

Make it like a real election.

One is voted, one steps down.

That way Notables don't get complacent or think they're anything special - you had to earn the respect to get there, and you should maintain that level that got you elected in the 1st place.

If you think I'm fixing the NHS and trains to stay as a notable you've got to be kidding.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:31
Regular
"One More Chance"
I think Notables are good, I mean they have to be good posters to get that illucrative (Sp?) gold name, Notables forever! All though I think too many Notables would be a nightmare as you said ssxpro it would be crap to become a Notable by default, you have to earn it!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.