GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No more notables?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 21:44
Regular
Just a suggestion -

We have 12 notables. All are fine posters, and deserve their position. (Well done to YH for getting the recent position as notable)

However, what next? Does it get to the point where there are so many notables that even hopeless posters that can`t put a decent topic together (like myself with this topic as an example) get elected by default (being the only regular left).

Also, who wants to be Notable #13?

Anyway, just a thought, and perhaps something that should be considered before the next election. It would keep the 12 notables special.
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:44
Regular
Just a suggestion -

We have 12 notables. All are fine posters, and deserve their position. (Well done to YH for getting the recent position as notable)

However, what next? Does it get to the point where there are so many notables that even hopeless posters that can`t put a decent topic together (like myself with this topic as an example) get elected by default (being the only regular left).

Anyway, just a thought, and perhaps something that should be considered before the next election. It would keep the 12 notables special.
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:49
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Shoot them.
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Excommunicated"
They should have stopped after I got elected :)
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:51
Regular
what about the notable relegation thing? that is a good idea because since the notables have been elected 90% of them havent done any thing decent
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
ssxpro wrote:

>Also, who wants to be Notable #13?

OHH! ME ME ME!! PICK ME!

As for the notables, like FM said, shoot them. But blame a video game so that you won't get into any trouble and people won't think you're crazy.
Sat 23/02/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Wasting away"
ssxpro wrote:

My Fathers, brothers, nephews, cousins ex-flat mate's, dog's owner is interested in the position.
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:01
Regular
Thats an interesting idea there SSX pro, it means once i kill all 12 there would be no one else to do...

Anyway maybe we should consider temporary notables...
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:02
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> what about the notable relegation thing? that is a good idea because since the
> notables have been elected 90% of them havent done any thing decent

Now that's untrue.
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:13
Regular
Kid Rock wrote:
> what about the notable relegation thing?

That could never work. Its alright (just) to vote for one person over others to be elected for notableness... but to specifically single one person out to be shamed would be a terrible move. It would basically get rid of the notable completely. They`d leave thinking they were unliked... which is untrue.

that is a good idea because since the
> notables have been elected 90% of them havent done any thing decent

Yeh, and with YH in there now... its gonna go over 90 :-)

(That was a joke, and I don`t mean it)
Sat 23/02/02 at 22:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Yes, it does seem that we may end up with too many notables... we may end up having notable notables.

However, we only have 12 notables, with 4 being elected every year. Now I'm willing to bet that that increase is probably proportional to the number of new members the site has.

That said, we don't want to be in a position in 3 years where we have 25 notables- that would be ludicrous. Maybe we should have a pop idol styale knock out competition every so often ;)

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.