GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No more notables?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/02/02 at 21:44
Regular
Just a suggestion -

We have 12 notables. All are fine posters, and deserve their position. (Well done to YH for getting the recent position as notable)

However, what next? Does it get to the point where there are so many notables that even hopeless posters that can`t put a decent topic together (like myself with this topic as an example) get elected by default (being the only regular left).

Also, who wants to be Notable #13?

Anyway, just a thought, and perhaps something that should be considered before the next election. It would keep the 12 notables special.
Sat 17/11/12 at 18:08
Regular
We are doing a ride setting off from Cuerden Valley Car Park (Lancaster Lane) at 8 o clock along the canal and down the back roads to Rivington. Route to be decided from there.
Sun 24/02/02 at 11:20
Regular
SonicRav and another (sorry I didn`t really read the names) mentioned that its only 4 notables per year...

If Your Honour is the only notable made this time round... then thats fine, however, it`d be the first time an election had resulted in only one notable (I think, though I haven`t been around for many of the elections).

Anyway, if its only going to be a few more, then that`ll probably be fine... as long as there is some sort of limit. However, there is still the question of Notable #13 - who wants to be unlucky? :-)
Sun 24/02/02 at 08:59
Dringo wrote:
> Kid Rock wrote:
> what about the notable relegation thing? that is a good
> idea because since the
> notables have been elected 90% of them havent done
> any thing decent

Now that's untrue.

I agree. Taking away what they truly deserve is not justice in any way, shape or form. They became Notables for a reason, that their contributions to the forums were oustanding more so than the rest of the posters, and to strip them of this title is not just mean, but a down-right slap in the face and I would find it insulting.
Sun 24/02/02 at 01:27
Regular
"I'm you + 1!"
This aint the houses of parliment my golden friends
Sun 24/02/02 at 01:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You can go first then
Sun 24/02/02 at 00:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like the idea of gimp-fighting.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:52
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
monkey_man wrote:
> I see it as a Pulp Fiction/Babe: Pig in the City crossover. Directed by Paul
> Verhoeven.

Let me just hold that thought for a second...

*shudders*
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:45
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
spam

FM: Living on the edge.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I see it as a Pulp Fiction/Babe: Pig in the City crossover. Directed by Paul Verhoeven.
Sat 23/02/02 at 23:42
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Have you even seen that film? It took one punch for Bruce Willis to leave the gimp hanging itself. It's hardly a musclebound slaughter machine...

...unlike Tony. Sir.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.